Too Much Licking Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too Much Licking

Default Too Much Licking

Why do Boston's lick so much? Cate licks everthing! Herself, the cat, Chloe(our other dog), the couch, blankets, my jeans, my face, the kids, the carpet, I could go on and on. How can I get her to stop. I say "No" and she stops for a minute, then she moves on to lick something else. What is going on ?!?

I think is part of Cate's personality, Rosie sniffs like crazy, she will sniff my shoes for a hour if she could. I think its her way of showing she loves everyone!

I dont have that problem with Hami, I mean he likes to give people kisses but thats about it..now sniffing on the other hand, thats a whole different story with Hami lol he will sniff like crazy if I let him lol

Jadie has the sniffing problem, and licking problem, so does my chiuahuah Harley. There noses can get them in trouble in more than one way!!

Young Pup

Smile

Otis is the same way!!! Licks everything, the couch, blankets, pillows,my clothes my arms everything!! I was once told that it is a form of ocd in dogs but I'm not really sure. I had my pillow on the couch on day because I wasnt feeling well, I got up to make a tea by the time I got back and layed on the pillow it was soaked from him licking it!!! I guess just something you have to get used too

Opie likes to lick too. I don't see any harm in it unless it's something dangerous. But sometimes I put on long pants if I don't want my legs licked so mcuh.

HuggyBear also enjoys a good lick. Once you get him started, he doesn't want to stop, specifically when it's my jeans. Don't know why. He's just my silly little pooch. When he gets too absorbed in it, though, I will clap loudly and it will draw his attention away from his tongue and more onto other things.

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Every morning when I get out of the shower Oogy is waiting to lick me.
    For him I think it is part of his need to groom the alpha leader of the pack (me).
    Oogy also licks me when I file his nails. Rusty not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by braverdave View Post
    Every morning when I get out of the shower Oogy is waiting to lick me.
    For him I think it is part of his need to groom the alpha leader of the pack (me).
    Oogy also licks me when I file his nails. Rusty not so much.

AWWW Thats too cute! My Boxer used to do that!

I guess I got a defective one
    Rosco only licks me when its time to get out of bed, or if I have food on me. I'm bad about wiping chip crumbs on my pants lol.
    Some 70,000 puppies and kittens are born daily in the US.
    4,000,000 to 6,000,000 pets are euthanized every year because they are homeless,
    11,000 to 16,000 pets are euthanized every day because they are homeless.
    An animal in a shelter is killed every 1.5 seconds.
    Only 1 animal in 10 born in the U.S. gets a good home that lasts a lifetime.

+ Reply to Thread