Sleeping with your Boston (good or bad?) - Page 2 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sleeping with your Boston (good or bad?)

All-American Dog

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terminator Click here to enlarge
    "Only complaint is that It's harder to snuggle with my wife with him in between us."

Neon - that is something you may want to consider - if your dog sleeps with you - will that be an issue when you want to share your bed with another human?

At my age, I don't think that will be happening anytime soon, Terminator! . . . Click here to enlarge . . . . . Click here to enlarge

But seriously, thanks for ALL your input folks! . . . I really do appreciate it! Click here to enlarge

All best,
    Joe
    "I've got my facts pretty clear . . . all I want now is to know what they all mean".

Hiya. My bt Millie-Mae sleeps under either my covers with me or my daughter or sons covers!! As shes only about 13 pounds she doesnt take up much room but you just have to ignore the snoring lol x

I agree with most of the posts, whatever makes you and your Boston happy. Now as for the no odor part.....I don't know about most of you all on this forum, but my Boston has some very serious gas problems.Click here to enlarge And I'm talking loud and smelly...... It is actually pretty funny, because after he passes gas he will look back at his behind like "What was that?!"Click here to enlarge
    Barkley is my little "American Gentleman!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BostonBullGirl Click here to enlarge
    I agree with most of the posts, whatever makes you and your Boston happy. Now as for the no odor part.....I don't know about most of you all on this forum, but my Boston has some very serious gas problems.Click here to enlarge And I'm talking loud and smelly...... It is actually pretty funny, because after he passes gas he will look back at his behind like "What was that?!"Click here to enlarge

Hahaha yeah Sally does that too on occasion but hers aren't that often and vary on the smell intensity.

Click here to enlarge
    Sally is Septembers Cutest Dog!

I will say as a single dude, whenever I have female company that spends the night, its weird explaining that if my dog doesnt sleep with us, he'll scream outside the door all night. hahaha.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, send me to where the dogs are. "

Click here to enlarge

LOL I guess thats a great way to tell if your female company is right for you or not instantly!
    LIDuck likes this.

Abby started to sleep on our bed a few weeks after living with us. My husband and I wanted a dog that would sleep on the bed. She started to sleep between us but now has become more independent and sleeps at my feet. It makes us happy and she is happy too. Only ones who aren't happy are the 2 cats! They use to sleep near me every night but not now since Abby has come along.

Default sleeping pups

Xena lets us know when it's time for bed, (she starts about 2 hours earlier so we don't forget her), but anyway, we do let her sleep with us but we also put her in her crate at night. Xena is a big part of our pack but the biggest thing is she knows her place in our pack. We give her love, affection and play time but we are still the boss. As far as smells go, keep the glands clean that will cut down on any odor they may get and be careful what types of treats and food you feed your Boston, their gas is just as bad as the
    Bull dogs in generalClick here to enlarge, Best of luck in your decision, I would say to go with what you are comfortable with..

Sadie and Dixie sleep in the bed with us….Ollie sleeps in his crate (0nly because Sadie hates him)
    Sadie is nine years old I can say for sure has never had fleas. Dixie is four and has never had fleas. Ollie is rescue, he did have a few fleas on him the day we got him but he had been treated with Frontline the day before …after that no more fleas.
    As for the dominate issues Sadie would be an alpha dog no matter there she sleeps. Dixie is very submissive to me and other dogs….(Well, she does like boos Ollie around…but that just a girl thing….He’s hen pecked). Even though Ollie sleeps in his crate, on weekends John likes to sleep late, so I get Sadie up with me. Then it’s Ollie turn to sleep in the bed. He and John will sleep till noon…lazy boys! Ollie is a sweetie he has no dominates issues either.
    I really don’t believe that that the dog sleeping in your bed causes dominates problems….I could be wrong…No never mind… I’m never wrong at least to anything that I’ll admit to anyway!!
    On the dominate ladder at our house it is
    Sadie first. Sadie was born an alpha dog.
    Then me.
    Ollie and Dixie are on the same step of the ladder.
    Then there is my husband John away down there on the bottom step. He will not correct them for anything. He says he does not want them to get mad at him!!! All he does is kiss them a lot and feed them from the table when he thinks I’m not looking!!
    I’m not illiterate….I’m dyslexic…So, please read what I thought I wrote! As if being dyslexic was not enough...I’m from Alabama! So English is my second language.

"Three of the four voices in my head… say go for it."

Ollie is Octobers Cutest Dog!!

sue

Olliesmom - are you sure you arent talking about my husband John???? he is almost the same way. Emma sits at the foot of the table while we eat. Just staring at John. Could he be giving her bits of food?????? I sure the heck think so!!!! he loves her so much....maybe I could get away with buying another......
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast