New Boston - Nearly all white? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Boston - Nearly all white?

Young Pup

DefaultNew Boston - Nearly all white?

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a BT and contacted a local breeder. They have only one pup from the current litter, and he is massive because he is getting all of mom's resources lol. Thing is - this BT is different. He is almost completely white with only a few black splashes. I love the look, but would like to hear all your opinions on him as well. I am aware more white markings could indicate deafness but the breeder does guarantee a pup free of such congenital birth issues.

Thanks in advance!

BT.jpg

Such a cute baby! I think there's no problem with your puppy.

Have you inquired about deafness? He is adorable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

All-American Dog

Hi SplashBoston,

Has this pup been tested for deafness? At what age can he be professionally tested? Were the sire and dam tested for deafness? Have you asked for the paperwork proof of testing results.

Personally, I would pass on this pup. I would not take the chance. Suppose you fall in love with him, and you will, then you learn he is deaf? Why would you knowingly pay for a dog with health issues? Ask yourself what your reason is for owing a dog. If a dog with a disability fulfills that criteria, then go for it. But if not, then wait and choose another.

LIDuck

+ Reply to Thread