Really wanting a Boston Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really wanting a Boston

JMA
    Young Pup

DefaultReally wanting a Boston

Hi Guys,

I am a 32 year old from Malta which will be moving to a house later on this month hopefully. I used to live in an apartment, and never had the opportunity to own a dog. I always wanted to own a doberman pincher but my partner does not like the idea, she is quite afraid of such breeds it seems. And being the first dog, maybe she was right after all.

Anyways some time ago i was watching a TV programme and a Boston terrier came up with his owner and i immediately liked it, & i went to research on the breed itself. My partner likes them too.

The house will have a small roof and a balcony (not sure if it can be a good potty place though). Problem is that we are both away for work from 8am till 5pm. Dog sitters are out of the question here in Malta. I am willing to take time off from work when puppy arrives, for a week or maybe 2. Some questions are....if i teach dog to potty on the roof, while i'm away at work were will the dog relieve itself since i will be away ? Pee pads? of maybe a flap in the roof door ? I was told that once the dog is approx 6 months old he will be able to relieve itself in the street too. Can this breed handle 6miles of jogging obviously when it is not too hot?

I would appreciate if you can give me some info and thoughts from your expertise

Thanks,

James

Hello!

Boston Terrier is one of the best breed because of they are pleasing personalities. Why don't you find some trainer to teach him the proper behaviour and mannerism!
    For me that is one of the best thing you could do because if he learned soon from the training lesson your all problem can be solve. But about the sitter hmmm I do'n have a good advice about that, dog's need attention and sometimes if you have no time for them it will cause to change their behavior to improper behaviour. So you need to find a way about this, but I know there's a lot of people that succeed with the same situation like yours.

All-American Dog

Two weeks is not enough to train the puppy to poop all by itself. I would suggest you hire a dog trainer. When you say 6 miles of jogging do you mean per day? Coz that is kinda a lot for a puppy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

All-American Dog

You might as well get an outdoor dog kennel. It's perfect for crating and training.

+ Reply to Thread