Nasal Congestion Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nasal Congestion

Default Nasal Congestion

Opie has been experiencing nasal congestion for the last week or so. It's bad in the morning, with him trying to clear his nose. When he sneezes, he discharges a white mucus. In the evenings he's much better. Vet thought maybe it's allergies and suggested children's benedryl twice a day, which I've been doing.

He's 1.5 years old. Any suggestions out there? We don't want him put through unncecessary tests or procedures if there's something more reasonable we can do. Thanks.

Benedryl should help him, but you could always do an allergy test. It would tell you what he is allergic to so you could avoid having him around what is bothering him. I think their pricey depending on where you are, but you would know. Other than that, I have no idea. Hope he feels better.

Opie got worse, with his nose actually snotty and he was breathing out his mouth because of the congestion. It was a respiratory infection and cleared up with antibiotics.

Young Pup

Our 6 year old Boston was weezing and snorting for 2 weeks. The vet prescribed 250 mg of Cephalexin twice a day for 14 days. The weezing and snorting stopped after day 3 and hasn't come back since and it's day 8. This worked!

+ Reply to Thread