Wicked Bad Breath Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wicked Bad Breath

Default Wicked Bad Breath

So, Ellie and I were playing today and she got to breathing hard, and it smelled like she had a sewer pipe attached to her mouth. The saliva doesn't smell, and it does not smell when she breathes through her nose, only when she is breathing with her mouth open. When she had her check-up her breath was not nearly this bad. The vet did recommend greenies, but I have read on here that they are bad, because they can break and get lodged in her throat.

So what should i do about this stinky problem? Preemptively thanks for the help.

how old is she???

My puppy has rank breath right now thanks to teething.

My parents dog is 7 and has the worst breath of anything I've ever smelled before in my life ever LOL They have had him checked, had his gums and teeth checked, tried greenies and everything else and nothing worked.. so he's stuck with stinky breath syndrome
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"

Ick! Do you brush her teeth? Uma only has bad breath right after eating as it's a fish based food.

I notice my two smell worse on kibble than they did on raw. You could switch for a while to see if that helps--plenty of good pre-made raw out there that's as easy to feed as canned food

Round Head

You have to brush there teeth and don't forget the tongue. Bad teeth can cause other health issues down the road, so they say. Better than greenies are rope toys.

They make doggie mints!
    Otherwise her teeth are rotting and I'd bring her to the vet and see what solutions they have if it bugs you too much.

She just was at the vet a week ago, and the vet looked at her teeth, she said that he teeth looked ok. Ellie is between 2- and 4 yrs old (I don't know the exact age, she is a rescue). I think I will get one of those rope toys.

All-American Dog Nugget & Doodle Bug's Avatar

Im going to try rope toys too! Do they really work? I am really aprehensive about greenies because of the deaths so Im always looking for new ideas

That is why I asked the question.....I think I am just going to pick one up and see what happens......

We had a shepherd mix and her breath could peel the wall paper. If you sniffed her mouth, she did not stink, it was when she panted and the breath was coming from down deep. She was elderly and I believe she probably had stomach issues. Maybe that is Ellie's problem too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast