Swelling Bulbourethral Gland Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swelling Bulbourethral Gland

All-American Dog Mom of Sasquatch's Avatar

Default Swelling Bulbourethral Gland

I have a year old male who was neutered in August. As of yesterday I have noticed that he is having some swelling in his male region. I believe this would be his bulbourethral gland since he is neutered. It seems to be happening when he gets excited. This is happening below his skin...the "red rocket" is not appearing. The bulbourethral gland balloons up and goes back down within 30 seconds. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I called the vet and they said I shouldn't be concerned unless he is yelping or acting different but of course I still am concerned. I rather catch the problem early than wait until he is in pain.

Always happens when males of mine have gotten excited--even in just a 'super glad to see you' moment. Red rocket needn't show up--those glands just get big. Nothing to worry about.

All-American Dog Mom of Sasquatch's Avatar

It is a just glad to see you moment. Thanks for the information. I was starting to wonder if it was an infection from when he got neutered because he didn't always do it. I can stop worrying now!

This always happened to Joe when he woke up in the morning. It happens to Pugsly when he wakes up also.
    -Autumn

American Gentleman

Tank does the same thing, mostly when he's just woken up but also the happy to see you moment too.
    It's like he has morning wood, but it's under the skin lol.

+ Reply to Thread