How much should I be feeding my 4 month BT? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much should I be feeding my 4 month BT?

Young Pup

Default How much should I be feeding my 4 month BT?

I am wondering if I am feeding my puppy enough. She is about 10 lbs. and 4 1/2 months old and I am feeding her 1/4 of a cup 3 times a day, so 3/4 of a cup a day. Do you think this is enough? I know she is a little piggy and would eat as much as I ever put in front of her. Any advice would help! Thanks!!

What does the bag say? What does the breeder say? I'm never sure--Truman was on a raw diet when I got him and I continued for a year, so he ate 1 1/2 lbs a day Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

American Gentleman

It varies by what brand of food you are feeding, so to start check the feeding guideline on the bag and use that as a starting point. Some dogs need less than the guideline and some need more, so it is only a place to start and it's not set in stone. The dogs body condition is what is you need to pay attention to and adjust the feeding amount to. Puppies are growing and need more food than adults, but you don't want a fat puppy cause that can cause health problems as an adult.

So...if your puppy looks a good weight and still seems hungry, add a little more food, maybe 1/3 cup 3 times a day and see if that changes anything. If your puppy is chubby and still hungry then she's just a piggy lol.

+ Reply to Thread