breath smells like iron/blood Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: breath smells like iron/blood

Default breath smells like iron/blood

Leilou seems to have breath that smells a lot like blood. When I first got her, she had puppy breath for about 2 days, now it goes from normal doggy breath to smelling like blood, that really coppery smell. I have checked her teeth and they all seem to be there, I watch her constantly so I know she hasn't eaten anything bad (unless you count the neighbor's cat poo...GROSS! I have to do thorough checks each moning before she goes out to go potty ). Anyone think they might know what the heck is going on? She is acting her normal crazy self.

Young Pup

My son's puppy(now 7 Months old) had that metallic odor also.The vet said it was from teething and the blood from the gums as he teethed was causing it.It soon went away.Pup, name of Jack, is also a BT.

Thank you! She loves to cuddle with me but between the breath and her rear, its a toss up on which is worse!

American Gentleman

Puppy? Likely due to teething as mentioned, but if it doesn't go away or gets worse them mention it to the Vet.

+ Reply to Thread