Pea-size lump on my baby!!! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By flood.ng.23
  • 2 Post By Trumansmom
  • 1 Post By LucieLu
  • 1 Post By Foxy
  • 1 Post By flood.ng.23

Thread: Pea-size lump on my baby!!!

Default Pea-size lump on my baby!!!

Hi everyone:

My almost 2 years old Boston Terrier Bruno has suddently developed a lump on his cheek, just below his eye. I first noticed it on July 24 and it was a small dot at the time. Since then it has become bigger, about the size of a pea. It's red and relatively hard to the touch. He does not appear to be bother by it and I don't see him scatch it so it probably isn't itchy. My husband & I have examined it closely and touch it and it does not appear to be painful for Bruno. He is "normal" in his other acitivites such as eating, drinking, p & p, walks, etc. We take him to the dog park quite often and I am thinking maybe he got something from wrestling with another dog? Since he has developed the lump, we stopped taking him to off-leash park as we don't know whether this condition is contagious or not. See attached pictures.

Any idea or similar experience? I want to take him to the vet but not sure if we should wait it out. Please help!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cookiemonster likes this.

Mine get lumps like that from time to time and they go away on their own. Sometimes takes a couple of months. Just me, but I wouldn't be too worried.
    flood.ng.23 and cookiemonster like this.
    Click here to enlarge

It looks like a small cyst to me. Hopefully, it will go away on it's own. If it is a cyst, the vet can likely drain it easily.
    Good luck!
    flood.ng.23 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

American Gentleman

I worry about all bumps that don't go away within a short amount of time...seems these dogs are prone to histiocytoma's.
    http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/...g_histiocytoma

flood.ng.23 likes this.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am a little relief after reading your responses. The petmd link is quite useful. Cheers!
    cookiemonster likes this.

All-American Dog

I allways take my dogs to the vet if anything questionable comes up, just for my own peace of mind. That being said I don't go to the doctor myself unless there is a limb hanging or I am about to bleed out....

Lumps should always be removed immediately. They can become malignant if not remove immediately.
    "There is no such thing as an ugly Boston Terrier. There are some that are closer to perfection than others, that is all." - Frank Grover

Looks a lot like histiocytoma to me. Opie had one on his collar bone area. The vet did a needle biopsy which gave us the diagnosis. He said we could have it removed or just wait and it would dry up on it's on. We waited and and sure enough, it went away on it's on.

Definitely have the vet check it out. Better to be safe. If it's something more serious, early diagnosis and treatment is always best.

Staying on topic here I hope... Just saw something kind of similar for the 1st time on Monday. It's started sort of like a large pimple. It's on lower side of her back more towards the belly. It's started roundhish but more of an oval shape now, about 1/4" long and 1/8" wide. Any ideas what that might be? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread