Toys/Balls as Pacifiers? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toys/Balls as Pacifiers?

Default Toys/Balls as Pacifiers?

Kal-El when he's done running around like a madman, I notice will lay down and chew gently on a tennis ball until he falls asleep like a baby with a pacifier. Anyone else's dog do this?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, send me to where the dogs are. "

Click here to enlarge

Not with a tennis ball, but Opie suckles on his stuffed animals. He starts sucking, even working his feet, and puts himself right to sleep.

American Gentleman

Yup, Tank sucks on his stuffed animals and even works his feet like he is caressing it till he falls asleep. He usually does it when he is really tired and he likes the noses of the stuffed animals the best.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Fing and ming both suck their toys. We call them "suckie toys". If i say to Fing "wheres suckie toy" he will go and get hes favorite bear! Its so cute. I never wash their suckie toys and when we go away i always take suckie toy with us. His little feet pump away as he sucks . He falls off it asleep sometimes. Oh and by the way hes 6 this year so its not something they grow out of. lol

Bailey is 10 and has been sucking on his stuffed toys since he was a puppy. I notice he does it as an adult to calm himself. For instance, when a guest comes over to our home, he will great the guest briefly, then go find a toy to suck on for a while, then when he is ready he will greet the guest in full.

Young Pup

thats what fing does too! God i love BostonsClick here to enlarge

Hahah my moms BT does that to the ear of a stuffed cat she has.. and shes done it since she was little.. Its so funny

When Uma was a puppy she use to do this with her dog bed. Not anymore though.

Click here to enlarge

Opie prefers the feet. All the feet are misshapen from being in his mouth. But I definitely wash them! Our new addition, Jodie, has obviously had at least 1 litter - very large nipples. I expected Opie to attach himself to one of those, but he hasn't.

My boston only likes to rip up stuffed toys but my pom falls asleep with them in his mouth - it is too cute!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast