Scared of his own farts... but this is ridiculous! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared of his own farts... but this is ridiculous!

rar

Default Scared of his own farts... but this is ridiculous!

Miles is a little nervous about anything that goes on near his butt. He often runs away the moment he's done pooping (possibly because he gets hangers sometimes due to eating hair), though he's calmed down with that and usually just waits for us to help him now.

When he has audible farts, he always whirls around to see where the noise came from.

Yesterday, my brother was playing with Miles and making silly noises at him. At one point he made some noise with his lips that Miles must have thought sounded like his own farts, and he started whirling back and forth trying to look behind him. I didn't realize what he was doing at first until my brother made the same noise again and Miles whirled around, let out a little yelp and ran for my lap, then sat there looking nervous. (My lap is his safety spot, where he runs if he gets scared of something.)

So I guess not only is my dog afraid of his own farts, he's afraid of any noises resembling them. What a ridiculous animal. Click here to enlarge

Admittedly, I'm not thrilled with his farts either. Click here to enlarge

My last dog (a boston) Duke used to fart all the time. Dad would yell at him and thump him on the butt with a newspaper when he farted. Mean, right? Well, duke never learned to hold his farts, just to run away when he farted.

So, duke is sitting calmly in the middle of the room and out of the blue has a sudden spazout - frantically dashes into the kitchen.

"The dog farted"

Do you gripe at miles for farting? During potty training did you ever use the 'rub his nose in it' method?

Just an idea. Not the end of the world if you did, there are ways to address the issue.

rar

Nope, we never did any of that. (I mean, yes, some gagging if he lets out a stinker, but most of the time you don't hear those coming, and I would never scold him for that.)

I think he just gets confused by the sounds, and maybe he doesn't realize it's him doing it--so if the sound comes from somewhere else, he's still not sure what's going on. He was fine after a couple of minutes.

I'm not upset with him or anything! Just sharing some silly behaviors.
    Last edited by rar; 06-23-2010 at 03:50 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

American Gentleman

Tank no longer farts!

There are some things you could do if you wanted to try and reduce or eliminate his gassiness, you could try changing his diet, grain free has worked for a lot of people, you could also try adding some probiotics either by using yogurt or supplements.

Pretty funny that he is afraid of his own butt though.

rar

Thanks! I did actually pick up some plain yogurt the other day, but haven't tried giving him any yet.

Thats funny! Click here to enlarge
    Jasmyne

Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

My BT Farted ALL the time until i changed his food. It was the beniful wet with all the veggies that made me not want to be near him. he hasnt farted since i switched off that food. thanks for the laugh, lolClick here to enlarge

Young Pup

LMAO we call it a farty party at our place (cause everyone gets invited). I always ask who did it but they never fess up! lol....

hahaha!!! That's really funny!!!!

Click here to enlarge

rar

Man... so Miles was sitting next to me on the couch today and my stomach growled. He immediately whipped his head around and stared accusingly at his butt for several seconds. Such a goofball.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast