licking in other dogs ears. Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: licking in other dogs ears.

Default licking in other dogs ears.

Vegas our 2 year old (who JUST celebrated his B-day!) is obsessed with our American Bulldog's ears! He is constantly licking and digging in her ear with his tongue. Not just lightly licking either, he really downs to town in there! It's pretty gross, and sounds even grosser.
    But I'm just wondering if any of you with multiple dogs have experienced this....?
    It's definitely not just cleaning, he's really getting in there. And it's only the left one.
    Click here to enlarge
    "Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car,
    in case the need should arise for them to bark violently
    at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry

Default RE Licking other dogs ears

Trixie we are finding out is not only a constant licker, she is also constantly cleaning her sister's (our chihuahua's) ears, and like yours not only a little licking she is right up in there. Of course our Chihuahua loves it and lays there and lets her. Click here to enlarge

American Gentleman

Check your bulldogs ears, do they look red or smell yucky? Sometimes another dog can tell you when one has an ear infection.

But...my boyfriend will stick his fingers in the pups ears then hold his finger to the pups nose and they both will lick it like it's a special treat Click here to enlarge. Something about the ear wax must be yummy to them lol. If I see one of the pups paying extra attention to the others ears I always take a look myself just in case. Mine sniff each others ears, but not really lick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Petey does this but to our other dog, Jazz's mouth. It's almost as if he's cleaning her teeth but it gets to be a bit obsessive and frankly, its kind of disgusting. Jazz has some pretty stinky breath due to some mild gingivitis, so I'm pretty sure Petey is attracted to the stench (yuck!)
    Click here to enlarge

OMG....this is so funny....Baloo will do the same thing, but it's to our American Bulldog's jowels (mouth), like the above poster describes. Like he's CRAZY over it, and as the OP mentioned, it sounds gross, too. I was just saying to my boyfriend the other night "why does he do that?!?!" Click here to enlarge

Howie does this but not to another dog but to my cat Shredder.
    Click here to enlarge

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

I think the funky smell of ear wax turns some dog's cranks. Some more than others Click here to enlarge .
    Congratulations!
    Today is your day.
    You’re off to Great Places!
    You’re off and away!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own.
    And you know what you know.
    And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
    Oh! The Places You’ll Go!
    - Dr. Seuss

+ Reply to Thread