Jealous Boston? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jealous Boston?

Default Jealous Boston?

Hi! We have Lilly our 2 year old Boston and our newer addition Olive 4 months old. They love each when its play time and half the time snuggle and nap together. But latley I have been noticing Lilly is getting so annoyed with Olive. I cant love on lilly just her, the moment Olive see's she is running over because she wants to be envolved.

Olive jumps on Lilly alot right now and even humps her sometimes, lol Click here to enlarge Olive just has alot of energy lately. Ok I know she is 4 months old, but poor Lilly. At night time instead of sleeping with us Lilly will go under the bed for a while and then in the night get in bed with us.

Olive just wont leave her alone sometimes, licking, biting ect. Should I get involved? Or let them sort it out? I have been getting on Olive for jumping on lilly when she is on me getting her rub downs.

I just feel bad, I will be giving Lilly attenction and olive runs over Lilly jumps away.

Is this normal? ANd will it change as Olive grows up and hopfully calms down a bit?

Side note, does anyone have any advise for Olive, she does run bys on us on the couch and she is 10lbs now and it hurts! Any ideas to help stop that and jumping on us while on the couch.....

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spend time alone with Lily by CLOSING THE DOOR. Also, take care of Lily first - feed her first, treat her first, pet her first. The dogs will usually work things about between the 2 of them, but when you're in the room the dynamics change. You must set boundaries for Olive.

Hi just an update.

Lilly the older Boston is now wanting to avoid our puppy Olive. Olive is almost 5 months now and all over Lilly all the time wanting to play and chew on her. He have been working with them but I feel bad for Lilly.

Lilly will be laying on one of us getting love and olive will run and pounce on her and us and just start in on bugging lilly. To the point Lilly will just go upstairs to our room and take a nap alone.

I know olive is a puppy with tons of energy, but she is already 12 pounds and I am wanting to know when she will start to calm down. Lilly loves to play with her when she is in the mood, and they lay together and groom each other. olive is kinda spastic right now except when she is tired.

Is this pretty normal when having 2 bostons?

Lindsey

+ Reply to Thread