Introducing new puppy to other dog Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing new puppy to other dog

Default Introducing new puppy to other dog

I would love some tips on how to introduce our new 8 week old puppy to our 3 year old Boston. Some say to have them introduced in a neutral location others say just bring the pup home...ideas?? Please!! We bring him home in 6 days!

Young Pup

Well, since your guy is three years old, you may want to introduce them on neutral ground. Let them do their sniffs while keeping them on leash. Let move them to your yard and give them short, supervised play times with breaks in between. This is how I introduced by two Bostons. They're inseparable now. My Vet told me it would take at least 30 days for them to form a relationship, but by the end of the first week, they were best friends.

One thing I would suggest is to always make sure your three old knows he's still number one. He gets fed first, he gets pet first, he gets the first treat, etc...This will help him be less stressed about having a new pup around getting all the attention.

I am getting my Boston terrier puppy in a week. How long should tge first outing go with my big girl for her to accept the baby. Roonie is four and my puppy is going to be eight weeks. Roonie can play rough especially with ears how do I know when to tell her to rough without hurting the bonding experience? I have been borrowing my dad's dog for roonie to have company while I am at work so I need this to workout well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryan alan Click here to enlarge
    Well, since your guy is three years old, you may want to introduce them on neutral ground. Let them do their sniffs while keeping them on leash. Let move them to your yard and give them short, supervised play times with breaks in between. This is how I introduced by two Bostons. They're inseparable now. My Vet told me it would take at least 30 days for them to form a relationship, but by the end of the first week, they were best friends.

One thing I would suggest is to always make sure your three old knows he's still number one. He gets fed first, he gets pet first, he gets the first treat, etc...This will help him be less stressed about having a new pup around getting all the attention.

Agree.. Status of the first helps prevent jealousy.

+ Reply to Thread