Best Food Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Food

Young Pup

Default Best Food

Hello,

I am wanting to change my 2 bostons dog food. Currently they are on Pure Balance. I want to change it so that I can put them on the best food. Any suggestions?

My two Bostons had terrible gas. They aren't related... one is 9 years and the other is just over a year. We switched to Nulo (Salmon and Peas) about 6 weeks ago and within the first 48 hours the gas was gone. It's also helping my 9 year old to keep her weight in check. Highly recommend it.
    Last edited by 1drummergirl; 02-08-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Young Pup

Hello! I have never heard of Nulo. Where do you buy it? We use Wellness Simple for our gassy boys, but I am always looking for a better solution to keep the gas in check. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

I would try to find a pet supply store and ask if you could get some samples of foods so you can screen out foods they don't like. I would also ask your vet if you're having any serious issues

Best of luck!

Young Pup

Hello! You can find Nulo in 3 places. On Chewey.com and Amazon.com they both carry the freestyle version of Nulo. I recommend the freestyle turkey and sweet potato. In Petsmart they carry the medal series version of Nulo (buying this version online is cheaper than in the Petsmart store.) Both are good and are have an excellent probiotic in them. Hope this helps. A few others you can look into is Natures Logic, Acana, and Orijen.

Young Pup

We've been using FROMM. Very healthy food in a wide variety of flavors for dry food. You have to get it at better dog food stores - or Chewy.com. Gas has not been much of an issue unless we are sharing too much people food with him.

I only use blue buffalo no wheat, corn or soy, it is the only one that stopped the diarrhoea and upset stomach, my vet suggested I try it after many visits for the noted issues, hope this helps.

Young Pup

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kferreiras Click here to enlarge
    Hello,

I am wanting to change my 2 bostons dog food. Currently they are on Pure Balance. I want to change it so that I can put them on the best food. Any suggestions?

I have my Boston's on zignature it's wheat corn soyand grain free also free ofchicken ..and can be used as puppy food through adult hood .can be found at petstore if not on Amazon

Young Pup

Mine's happy on Orijen Adult Dog Food. We tried some of the Acana kinds but he seemed to get skin irritation/hairloss from them. I use Cesar punnets as an extra-special treat, but the US ones upset his tummy, whereas the Canadian ones don't, & I'm not sure why that would be. I give him a little bit of raw beef each day (in little hunks that've been frozen for a few weeks to kill off any cysts) and that seems to keep his digestive system tuned -up / challenged enough that he rarely gets any upset tummies.

Since my initial info on my May post I have had to change Molly from the blue buffalo, she started itching all the time, no gas just itching. I have her on a sensitive stomach/skin formula now Science Diet, no itching and no gas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast