dogs snout Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dogs snout

Default dogs snout

Stavo snout isn't as pushed in as the rest. I love him the same, he came with pedigree papers and akc and so forth. people tell me he may be mixed. can that be true just because his nose isn't as smushed as others. not really a concern just curious.
    MamitaLoca

Click here to enlarge

Default dogs snout

I really hate to say this, I am not running your boy down at all, just answering your question. I have to say he really does not look full blooded, his head is really different than a Bostons. You know the fact that he is AKC registered or even came with a pedigree means nothing because those things can so easily be faked or falsified.
    Attached Images Attached Images

American Gentleman

He's your baby regardless, so it doesn't really matter...and you will never know for sure.

Is he a good representation of the breed standard? No...but many of us have dogs that don't meet the standard in 1 way or another.
    Is he mixed? Maybe, maybe not but he could be labeled as 'badly bred' which just means he doesn't fit the standard for the breed.

As mentioned the papers don't really mean much, does his pedigree show any champion blood lines?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

My Cookie was a rescue so we didn't get any papers, and while she appears to be pure Boston, there could always be a question. I do know that I wouldn't love her any less if I found out that her bloodline was not 100%. She would still be my sweet, loving, adorable baby. If you absolutely must know for sure, there are canine DNA kits available for about $60. I think you send a sample off to a lab and wait about 3 weeks for results.
    "Who knew that dog saliva can mend a broken heart?"
    - Jennifer Neal

American Gentleman

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karen Click here to enlarge
    My Cookie was a rescue so we didn't get any papers, and while she appears to be pure Boston, there could always be a question. I do know that I wouldn't love her any less if I found out that her bloodline was not 100%. She would still be my sweet, loving, adorable baby. If you absolutely must know for sure, there are canine DNA kits available for about $60. I think you send a sample off to a lab and wait about 3 weeks for results.
    Your Cookie looks all BT to me, just not show quality, but pure BT.
    We joke that my Georgie is part Chi cause she has a longer snout and an overbite instead of an underbite, but she is all BT..just pet store/puppy mill quality..I love her just the same though.

We joke that Vegas is mixed with Boxer bc he's so darn big. He's 30lbs, but pure muscle. And he's a tall Boston too. But he's all Boston.
    **side note, wouldn't it be cruel to mix a Boston and a Boxer!!?? That poor tiny female! Haha.
    Click here to enlarge
    "Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car,
    in case the need should arise for them to bark violently
    at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry

American Gentleman

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cnadeanne Click here to enlarge
    We joke that Vegas is mixed with Boxer bc he's so darn big. He's 30lbs, but pure muscle. And he's a tall Boston too. But he's all Boston.
    **side note, wouldn't it be cruel to mix a Boston and a Boxer!!?? That poor tiny female! Haha.
    How about the Boxer being the female and a BT male trying to get to that LOL. I think BT are so much like boxers they don't need to be mixed anyway!!

lol!

I agree, they are so much a like, just smaller versions.
    Click here to enlarge
    "Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car,
    in case the need should arise for them to bark violently
    at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry

Thank you everyone for your comments, I wouldn't change Stavo for the world no matter what he is. Foxy the answer to your question is no, papers show no championship bloodlines. Like I said it doesn't matter now I'm in love with my lil man and yes now since I've researched pet stores I know they are ae a NO! NO! I didn't know about BYB or puppy mills at the time. Never the less I am happy with my Stavo. Now that I have him I can't picture life without him. And out of all the pups I picked him. So I am very happy with my BT. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Thanks everyone for your support. I love this site. It doesn't matter what I ask I can always find the answer thanks again everyone and have a great holiday.
    MamitaLoca

Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread