Best food brand to reduce gas - Page 3 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best food brand to reduce gas

Young Pup

Tux loves the Fromm Family brand...great dog food. But his gas is VILE. Never knew something so small could clear a room so fast. But I know someone else who used the same brand, and it helped her dog with his gas. Guess it all depends.

Young Pup

Default Best

Best Boston ever. LOVE!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/frozt239

Young Pup

We are set to bring our Boston puppy on March 30th. We were looking for some food brands and wanted to try either Blue Wilderness or Wellness first. They both have puppy versions, so we'll get that version first either way.

My question is which wellness bag do we get once he's ready for adult food? The CORE or Super Mix version of wellness?

Blue Wilderness is pretty self explanatory

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Our Boston Terriers had issues with any type of poultry (really awful gas). Once we switched them to red meat, they were fine. Every now and then, we get some stinky farts, but it's much better than what it used to be like.

One night, our BT was under our bed sleeping (and farting). The smell got so bad, he actually woke up and left the room!

Young Pup

We adopted our Boston when she was 5 months old and tried so many different foods (Fromm, Natural Balance ....) nothing worked. We tried pumpkin, yogurt and even the natural gas pills from the pet store. Our house had candles burning 24/7 and we walked around with spray air freshener from room to room. Tried Blue Buffalo limited ingredient turkey and potato and raised her food dishes off the ground and she is pretty much gas free. I can't believe the inprovement. I didn't ease her into the new food like you are suppose to just changed it and that night noticed a difference.

Young Pup

Default just got a 4month old boston terrier

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sweetmugsy Click here to enlarge
    I will most likely be shunned for this!! Lilu will ONLY eat purina puppy food with the lamb chunks in it. We have tried almost 20 different foods but this is the only food she will eat and since she started eating it her gas is almost nil.
    We just got our pup and the breeder actually was feeding her purina puppy she loves it digests it great. I was going to switch but ill wait to see what the vet says. I know it may technically might not be best food but seems fine for Libby. After reading other posts it mafe me feel like a bad pet mommy. And she has gas occassionally but not bad.

Roger's 5 and was a gas machine for a long time, we tried a variety of foods because we believed in rotating foods. Now that we have a better income, we switched all our dogs over to Taste of the Wild for a grain free diet. By the second bag of the High Prairie Canine Formula ( http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com...anine_formula/) we noticed he's no where near as gassy & sometimes we even hear the gas pass, but don't smell anything. We also noticed a significant change in our dogs attitude & energy & we also feed them a little less because it's not ful of filler & our dogs maintained the same weight.

Young Pup

I've had my little Boston, Forrest for almost a year and we have had several different experiences with dog food and gas. To be perfectly honest, the Purina Puppy Chow was the best for his gas and he LOVED it. But with all the fillers, I needed to switch him to something healthier. The wellness pulley food was extremely high in protein and cause a ton of gas issues. I was actually embarrassed to take him places his gas was so bad. The best that I've found is the Blue Buffalo Fish. The lady at the pet store who had a pug with some horrible gas issues recommended it to me. The only problem was that he wasn't eating it because it tasted so bad. I've started adding a little bit of the blue chicken to it and his energy has skyrocketed - however the gas is back. I'm going to see if the gas eventually goes away or if I'm going to have to switch brands. One thing i did notice was that he seems to have allergies. We recently moved from North Carolina where he was born to Texas and the more he sneezes and reverse sneezes, the worse his gas is. Any thoughts on allergy prevention for the little guy?

Young Pup

Default Agree

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sweetmugsy Click here to enlarge
    I will most likely be shunned for this!! Lilu will ONLY eat purina puppy food with the lamb chunks in it. We have tried almost 20 different foods but this is the only food she will eat and since she started eating it her gas is almost nil.
    We have 4 boston's and always feed purina puppy food, and have min gas from them, we live on 5 acer's and have 3 rottweiler's that the Boston's play with so they are very active, which probley helps with the gas, we have had Rott's as old as 13 years, that were always feed purina, and she died of breast cancer, but I didn't blame the food, Im happy with purina and it's Available local, and high end high price food is 40 mile drive.

Young Pup

Glad I caught this thread, dog I just brought home has gas. Breeder was suing a dry kibble with grain in it. Switching him to canned and looking at the advice hear to get him some yogurt or probiotics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast