Anal Gland Issue Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anal Gland Issue

Default Anal Gland Issue

Hi all, Just after some advice if possible please.Daisy had a bout of diarrhoea at Christmas time, and ever since has had issues with her anal glands. She has been in and out of the vets, had infections, had numerous courses of antibiotics, had them flushed out and they still aren’t great. They leak randomly, and the smell is driving me mad. She doesn’t seem in any pain or discomfort btw.When the vet performed the flush she noticed that the ducts/channels that should come from the anal glands are very smal. Perhaps they are unable to contain the fluid and prone to infection?Her tail is really small and doesn’t actually move, could the nerve endings not be formed properly? She’s KC registered and from good stock, but still a possibility. My question is, have any of you got experience of this with a Boston’s please? Any help or pointers would be great.Thank you P.S. She’s raw fed...

Young Pup

Default Pumpkin

Add pumpkin to her diet. The 100% pumpkin in a can, not pie filling. Anything with fiber will help. I go thru the analgland problem a few times a year with my Boston. Good Luck, its not fun, Click here to enlarge-

+ Reply to Thread