Teeth Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teeth

Default Teeth

Hi, my 5 year old Boston is going to have a tooth pulled soon. This will be the 3rd time. The first time I noticed he had two loose teeth, one on each side of his upper jaw (same tooth). I think he was about two years old then. The vet thought this was strange and they needed to come out to prevent infection. The weird part about it is that his gums are fine and there is no plaque or tartar or anything visable. He has no trouble eating, chewing or playing tug or whatever. So these two teeth were removed. About one year later again loose teeth, and no other issues. This time I went to a vet who specialized in dental work. He was also puzzled why my dog gets loose teeth. We still don't know the reason. This vet took a x-ray too. This didn't really show anything either, just that the tooth was loose around the root and I belive that the root had died but not sure about this anymore. In this 2nd sugery there were 5 teeth removed. Since then I have been keeping a really close eye on his teeth. Last time I checked them to see if nothing was loose was about 2 months ago. And now I found a tooth loose again (about 2 years after the 2nd surgery). Thank goodness only one as far as I can tell.... Has anyone had a simular problem like this or any idea why this happens? I know the breeder really well and I am also in touch with the parents and most of the (half) brothers, (half) sisters, and other related Bostons to my Boston. Non of these have this problem. So I doubt it is a genetic condition. Thanks for your response.

I recently bought a dog and I really need some advice on this. Do I have to brush his teeth?

Young Pup

I've heard of some additives for dogs teeth. Did anyone use it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

From what I understand many veterinarians recommend such a thing and it is considered to be very effective. I even found a site https://thepetsmaster.com/best-water...or-dogs-teeth/ and I was looking there and I found it quite nice both in terms of quality and price. My dog ​​also has problems with his teeth, but I was busy with the service for a while and I didn't have time to take care of it and go to the vet. This week we will go there to the vet and see what he will say and what he will recommend.

+ Reply to Thread