My dog is not willing to learn how to do his business outside. Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My dog is not willing to learn how to do his business outside.

Young Pup

QuestionMy dog is not willing to learn how to do his business outside.

Hi, I am the owner of a lovely boston terrier. He is now 1 year old and totally refuses to learn to do his business outside. He just does not care. We had him checked by 3 vets. He is in perfect health condition. We have now settled on giving him water only twice a day. We go outside with him every 15 minutes. We actually have to pay someone to to that while we are at work. We treat him to all kinds of great things he does not get elsewhere. I mean here special treats for training, hot dog sausage, bacon, chicken, cooked liver, chopped pork... He actually does his business outside and once every four hour (avergae) he unloads huge quantities of pee and poo in the house. On the hard floor, on the sofa, in the bathroom, under the dining table ... It is a nightmare. We paid for training at 4 different trainers already and nothing does it. I start to think he is not trainable because I know bostons are very intelligent dogs and they are supposed to learn fast. I am out of resources. Any more advices? P.S.: If we put him in his cater, he will automatically pee and poo and roll in it until we get him out to wash him.

Young Pup

I would start over.. Absolutely NO treats.. Strict feeding schedule no matter how upset your spoiled fur baby gets. I've had 4 stubborn Bostons and your jumping through all the hoops.. 1 cup of food and then outside straight away. They're only supposed to have 2 cups per day. If you need to put em on a leash then fine. Or alone in the yard or you might need to hang out on your phone or find a hobby while you wait haha! You have to be more stubborn.. Let em hoot an holler and cry. Oh well. It will only take a couple days I swear. No more treats like you've been giving. That stuff is terrible and its hurting your spoiled baby.. 😊.. Carrots are excellent and healthy. . Your retraining yourself as well remembered that.. GOOD LUCK!

+ Reply to Thread