Sick and tired of Boston's picky eating habits!! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sick and tired of Boston's picky eating habits!!

Young Pup

Default Sick and tired of Boston's picky eating habits!!

I have an almost 2 year old Boston Terrier male and since day one when I brought him home at 3 months old he has been a picky eater. I've purchased all TYPES of food for him: Human grade, specialty foods, expensive foods and he'll eat them for 2 or 3 days without fail. After the 2nd or 3rd day he'll sniff the bowl, look at me and walk away. Who the hell does he think he is?? I'll usually leave it there for about 10 minutes and then I'll take it up and serve it to him again at dinner time. He'll do the same thing: Sniff it and look at me without eating anything. I've wasted more food than I care to recall and I will NOT waste another drop. I don't care if he starves himself to death!! He thinks he's supposed to eat whatever I eat and that's where he's sadly mistaken. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do about it?

Young Pup

Ours does the same, even when we give him steak. He will "save it for later" hoping to get more of whatever we are eating. We have noticed if we just refuse to feed him anything other than the whats in the bowl (dog food / whatever)...he will eventually eat it.

Young Pup

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jagarundi Click here to enlarge
    I have an almost 2 year old Boston Terrier male and since day one when I brought him home at 3 months old he has been a picky eater. I've purchased all TYPES of food for him: Human grade, specialty foods, expensive foods and he'll eat them for 2 or 3 days without fail. After the 2nd or 3rd day he'll sniff the bowl, look at me and walk away. Who the hell does he think he is?? I'll usually leave it there for about 10 minutes and then I'll take it up and serve it to him again at dinner time. He'll do the same thing: Sniff it and look at me without eating anything. I've wasted more food than I care to recall and I will NOT waste another drop. I don't care if he starves himself to death!! He thinks he's supposed to eat whatever I eat and that's where he's sadly mistaken. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do about it?
    Hey, be patient. Maybe your dog is not understanding what he is doing. If your dog is not eating then don't give him any food. After a while, he will eat his dog food. Maybe your dog is not understanding what he supposed to eat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Default My 4 months old is also the same

Since Day 1 he is a picky eater. Now it is to a point he will not eat after 2 spoonful. I have tried everything and anything under the sun for him to eat. Wet/canned/dry/al the flavors/home made/yogurt/pumpkin puree/meal toppers etc. EVERYTHING. but he will eat like a a spoonful then sprint from his bowl like it is poison. We have also taken him to the vet. They have tested his blood thoroughly and did physical wellness check and said he is absolutely okay and that is his puppy tantrums. Now, what am I suppose to do? As a puppy he cannot go starved for more than 12 hours as his blood sugar level will drop significantly. I have to try different food and hand feed him like a child sometimes to maintain his blood sugar. But I think that is also encouraging this behavior. He is active, doing his poo poo and pee as usual just not eating at all by himself at all. First time trying a food- he eats with interests but the next serving he sprints and looks at me like that is inedible and poison.WHAT SHOULD I DO?

+ Reply to Thread