Allergy symptoms from Boston terriers Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allergy symptoms from Boston terriers

Young Pup

Default Allergy symptoms from Boston terriers

Hi All,
    We are happy owner of two Boston terrier puppies. However, we are experiencing rash and itchiness whenever our bare skin comes in contact with their fur and also when they lick us.
    We have been giving them bath regularly ( once in 3 weeks) and we feed them Nutro Nature Choice Puppy Chow. Even though they are our first pet, we have been around dogs a lot but never experienced this.
    Was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar condition and what are the work around.
    Thank you.

Young Pup

You say 'we' so more than one person in the house is having the same reaction to the puppies, with no previous reactions to dogs?
    I think this is really strange. Maybe something in the puppies food? Maybe the dogs have some yeast on them and your reacting? Very odd

Young Pup

Yes me and my wife. We have been around golden retriever, pekingese, sitchu before but never had such problems. After playing with our dogs for a while, we get a red rash which goes away after washing our hand with soap water. They are very itchy. We are planning to take them to vet tomorrow. Also, thinking of changing food as well. Any suggestion on good food. Our puppies are almost 4 months now. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

We're feeding our 15-week old puppy Acana Pacifica (grain-free and fish-based). She loves it and it has agreed with her digestive and immune systems (no allergic reactions). Good luck!

Default same problem

Hi there, I get the same red bumps on my skin when I play with my Boston or if I am just holding her. She has really bad skin allergies and she just finished her steroid/antihistamine medication this week and she's already back to dragging her body on the carpet and Constantly licking her paws. We are desperate to get her treated but don't know how...our next step is to get skiN allergy test. Let me know what works with your dog.

Young Pup

Palisoc, let us know what allergy test the vet does and the results. Thanks

Young Pup

Hi all, I would like to do a quick update on our condition. We took our puppies to VET and they found no symptoms of allergy or yeast infection. The vet told us that we (our skins) were allergic to boston terriers.
    From 3/13/2015 when I first posted here, we changed their food to no-grain, have been giving bath using oat-meal + aluvera shampoo once a week and this has helped a lot. We still get ichy sensation but it has reduced tremendously. Hope this information helps.

Young Pup

Hi i get the same
    Red rashes when my bare skin touches our families BT. He has really bad skin problems. Nothing seems
    To ease it. We are going
    To get a skin test done as everything else has came
    Back clear

Young Pup

My son has had some of the same experience with the rash. We have reason to believe it is the grain free food with ingredients of chick peas or all legumes. He’s been diagnosed with a peanut allergy. We were able to find our Boston a legume free grain free food and all had settled with my sons rash. We changed food, treats, and bones.

+ Reply to Thread