If your Pet is Overheated - Page 2 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If your Pet is Overheated

Young Pup

This is a very great and best information about pet overheated. Heatstroke can seriously injure or even kill your pet quickly, so it is very important when it comes to treat as an emergency it is. Some time it makes very dangerous also.

The hot weather during summer can really be a big factor for heat stroke. The mortality rate for dogs with heat stroke rise up by more than 50% during summer, that’s why it’s important to hydrate your dogs as much as possible.
    "There is no such thing as an ugly Boston Terrier. There are some that are closer to perfection than others, that is all." - Frank Grover

Dogs can loose a lot of excess heat through their feet just by walking through water. They also will dig into damp soil to lose heat by laying in it to let the earth cool them down. Also, panting isn't as effective on humid days. Short haired dogs are more vulnerable to direct sun but can also cool off quicker. Fat-out of shape dogs that live indoors have the hardest time dealing with the heat.
    In my 20's I lived in a VW bus (no AC) with my dog in the desert. We survived the summer just fine. Just got to plan ahead and limit activity during the hottest part of the day.
    When I travel with my dog, and I have to go into a store or someplace that don't allow dogs, I try to find a shady area and tie him to the bumper or a shady tree and give him a bowl of water. I always worry about someone stealing him, but that would be better then his brain getting baked. If even for a few minutes, make sure your dog has water, full ventilation, and shade even if it's underneath the car. You should already know this info, but if you didn't I posted this just for you.
    ****MyDadSays “We’re banned from the dog park. Well, I guess it’s okay to hump, and it’s okay to bark, but both at the same time freaks people out."

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Thanks a lot for sharing this useful information. My dog loves lying in the Sun. I didn't know this information that this could be so harmful for him. Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12