If you are facing allergies, read this! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If you are facing allergies, read this!

Default If you are facing allergies, read this!

This article is too good to not have it's own thread!

http://www.thewholedog.org/ArtYeast.html

A must read for anyone dealing with skin issues or any type of allergies in their dogs.
    Click here to enlarge

Great post for anyone who needs it!

It's a great article pretty much for anyone interested in overall health for their dogs.

I've added added raw apple cider vinegar to my dogs' evening meals and seen such an improvement in their skin (which was already fine) and Truman's tears have dried up. They are even shinier than before and just overall seem healthier. Less gas from Peggy Sue (Truman has never been gassy). Then to read that article--it was icing on the cake to read the role ACV plays in eliminating food allergies!
    maity.basu likes this.
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Interesting thanks for posting this!!!!

Click here to enlarge
    Sally is Septembers Cutest Dog!

Young Pup

Hello. I am TOTALLY new to having/owning a BT. I just read the artical and it is the exact thing that I have been looking for. My BT (Bubba who is 4 mo old) has been dragging his whole body from one side of the yard to the other laying on his belly and he has this "rash" like thing all over him and he is losing A LOT of hair. I figured that he was like allergic to the grass or what I was feeding him. So I switched his diet to Science diet healthy puppy (I think that's what its called) and he has had it worse now than what he did when I was feeding him Purina One. Besides home cooked meals for my puppy, is there any actual dog food that any one reccomends?

Ziwipeak,Orijen, Acana, EVO, Wellness, Taste of the Wild, all of those are good. Anything you can get from a vet or the grocery store or Costco is going to be poor quality, so try to find a small independent store. They will have these brands. You can also buy them online. I order my Ziwipeak from Amazon, and it's cheaper than at any store here, even with shipping. That's my favorite dry food--it's a dehydrated raw and has very few ingredients. Great for a sensitive dog--and don't freak at the price. It lasts a long time.

You can also look into a dehydrated raw like Honest Kitchen or Addiction. They are overall cheaper than canned food and are EXCELLENT choices. They would be closer to a home-cooked diet than kibble. With food, the most absorbable goes from raw to home cooked to canned to kibble, kibble being the least absorbable form of food for your dog.

Whatever you do, transition slowly and add probiotics (powdered, you can get human grade at a health food store). Your pup will be detoxing pretty strongly going from those foods to a good one--expect some diarrhea! Doesn't mean the food is bad, it's just your dog cleaning out.
    Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

I havent been on here for a while...My BT has been on his new Nature's Logic diet now for a while. The rash and the loss of hair stopped until yesterday...I could not keep Bubba from scratching at his skin/rash all over...He has now scratched soo bad that he is getting bald spots again. I dont know what else to do. Any Help is appreciated.

Maybe he has seasonal allergies. Truman goes through phases with the season--September is the worst. He's clearing up now with the colder weather and fewer allergens.

Find a holistic vet--they are indispensable with skin issues!
    Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

Default Allergies

I'm so happy to see all of this wonderful information on allergies! They are so tough to cope with sometimes. Here's another good site for some info: http://www.mycanineallergies.com.
    Good luck!

Young Pup

These are very great and best place to know about allergies. I found them on a website while I was searching for something else. Your post is very needed and like to congrats you for surviving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast