7month old puppy having skin issues Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7month old puppy having skin issues

Default 7month old puppy having skin issues

My pup Dexter has small black dots in his pores, loss of hair, inflammation, and dark skin in a few places over his body. I'm thinking allergies or yeast. For two weeks I've been bathing him with itch releif shampoo (once a week) and I've added probitics to the last meal of the day. He is on a grain free fish diet. But it seems like his skin is only getting worse. Are there other BT owners who have been through this? If so do you have any recommendations?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Young Pup

Our pup Liam started breaking out with a red rash on his chest and started scratching like crazy. We switched his food to Natural Balance sweet potato and fish formula and the rash has slowly started to fade and he isn't scratching nearly as much. It's a limited ingredient diet. The reviews for the food are excellent when it comes to helping with skin issues.

I see he is a red and white like my Molly, I don't know if that makes a difference but Molly also has itching, I just changed her food too and it's a little better. She did have one shot from the vet and it stopped completely for a month. Trying the food change since I don't want to keep her on shots. I would have a vet check though, it looks more than just an allergy maybe something bit him outside and caused the rash.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

4 yr old BT has skin problems. We done the food change. No change. Hes on 1 weeks steriods with no affect. Im going to pay to get a skin scraping done. We are at our wits ends. The vet told us he has atopy dermititus but the med hes on sporimune does nothing for him anymore

+ Reply to Thread