Bacterial Infection treeatment for my Boston Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bacterial Infection treeatment for my Boston

Young Pup

Default Bacterial Infection treeatment for my Boston

Good Morning,

Hoping someone can give me some suggestions on what to use on my dogs skin for a bacterial infection. In the skin fold between his eye and nose it's red and beginning to lose some hair. This exact same thing happened to me a month ago and when i brought him to the vet they gave me Cefpodoxime tablets and Prednisone tablets which cleared it up. I did some research and read that some types of over the counter medicine can clear up the bacteria which causes the infection. The one in particular is Povidone Iodine. Has anybody tried or used this? Does anyone have any other suggetions from past experiences? I don't mind bringing him back to the vet but an extra $130 bill per month can get costly.

Thank you,

Paul

The vet prescribed us Viaderm KC which worked very well to clear up skin infections. It was immediately effective. I am not sure if you are able to get it over the counter, but I think it would be worth a vet visit to pick this up if necessary - you then will have a whole tube to use when the infections come up!

I tried a bunch of natural and over the counter methods and none of them had much effect for us. I never tried the specific medication you are talking about though.

Young Pup

Hi my dog had the same problem with itchyness around his muzzel. & was always get infected. Luckily we have him insured. He got his skin folds removed. Sounds bad but it worked. He just has an overall skin problem we are trying
    To deal with now

+ Reply to Thread