Can Wild Mushrooms be Posinous or cause Allergys? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxy

Thread: Can Wild Mushrooms be Posinous or cause Allergys?

Default Can Wild Mushrooms be Posinous or cause Allergys?

Hey Guys! Still trying to figure out Lillys allergy issue. She is on antihistamin its Chlorpheniramine 4mg. She was taking a 1/4 of a pill 3 times a day but she kept biting and chewing on her poor little balding paws. But I just went to see the vet last night and now we are going to try 1/2 a pill 3 times a day.

I also went and got anti fungal/itch cream and we have started that with the cone of shame last night.

In the back yard Mushrooms have started blooming up from the dirt under a tree. I am also checking and digging them out of the ground so she doesnt eat any. BUT my sister inlaw did some research about mushrooms and turns out that one mushroom can have a thousand spores. Lilly loves to dig in that dirt and now in another area of the yard right in the grass, Mushrooms are now growing.

We called a mushroom guy to come get rid of them, he said that Mushrooms are very hard to get rid of. He has not come yet.

BUT I was wondering if anyone has experienced a Mushroom problem? My sister inlaw read and also talked with the Mushroom guy but Lillys allergy could be coming into contact with the Mushrooms, even just the dirt that grows them. That it can cause Hives and Itching. Because Lilly only chews and itches her feet up to her knees and her neck in the front. And sometimes she gets red spots on her belly.

Do you think it could be the Mushrooms?

Also there are a couple of Fir trees ont he other side of our fence and a couple of the branches are dying and Orange/Red and sometimes when I walk thru the grass my feet or shoes get a good dusting of Red Dust.

Have you ever heard of this Dust or know what it is?

I have recently switched her protein She is on Taste of the Wild she was eating the Bison but now is on the Lamb. So I will wait and see if the food helps any.

So if this has happened to you or you have heard of any of this, Please let me know!

I would love any advice I can get!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

American Gentleman

I'd say mushrooms could be the problem, there are many kinds of mushrooms and they can be difficult to identify...but they are a mold/fungus which dogs and people can be allergic to.
    We occassionally have some that show up in our yard, we were told to apply a fungicide a few times a year to prevent them.
    You could try wiping down her feet and belly after she comes in from the grass and see if that helps any.
    Hope you figure it out, allergies can be very frustrating.

aileen231 likes this.

Hey Thanks for replying! I was hoping there were some other people out there who have had this issue. And yes, its so hard to figure out what the allergy is! I just feel so bad for my baby! The antifungal cream at night is really making a difference, her paws are not red at all. I dont want to medicate her for the rest of her life if I dont have too. A problem is that she has a doggie door to the backyard and I work so I am not able to wipe her everytime, girlfriend loves her yard. But I try to wipe her down when I can, but she just goes back outside Click here to enlarge Every night she gets a wipe down with a wipey the vet gave me. So its the wait and see game agian. Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread