Help! Axel swallowed nerf bullet! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Axel swallowed nerf bullet!

Young Pup

Default Help! Axel swallowed nerf bullet!

Ok title says it all. We are very particular about toys and such on the floor around the puppy but my kids shot a nerf bullet over the stairs and Axel went like a bullet and swallowed the thing whole! This was last night and he's pooped twice so far today but no signs of nerf dart. I'm so worried about it. He's acting absolutely fine, eating, drinking, sleeping, playing, etc. What do y'all think? Oh he's only 12 weeks.

i would take him to the vet... don't take any chances. my daughters previous BT chew and swallowed a lipstick and case, and she ended up dying.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikkiD Click here to enlarge
    Ok title says it all. We are very particular about toys and such on the floor around the puppy but my kids shot a nerf bullet over the stairs and Axel went like a bullet and swallowed the thing whole! This was last night and he's pooped twice so far today but no signs of nerf dart. I'm so worried about it. He's acting absolutely fine, eating, drinking, sleeping, playing, etc. What do y'all think? Oh he's only 12 weeks.

Young Pup

Yay! He got it out! That was so scary! I'm sorry about your daughters doggie. That must have been awful. I'd be absolutely devasted if something happened to Axel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

yep... it was the sadest thing ever. she had me on the phone when the puppy was dying and it just screamed in pain. my poor daughter didn't know what to do it was late at night on a weekend and she didn't have the money for emergency vet... it would probably have been too late anyway as she had been sick several days. they took her to one vet that said oh she's fine but of course she wasn't. they actually don't know if it was from parvo or the lipstick tube... but she is thinking more the lipstick tube because she now has another BT and he's fine. Click here to enlarge

Yay! He got it out! That was so scary! I'm sorry about your daughters doggie. That must have been awful. I'd be absolutely devasted if something happened to Axel.

sorry my brain was in a sad mood for my daughters puppy that i forgot to tell you i'm glad your puppy is fine now. Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

Just this little scare and I feel like I'm a new mom with her firstborn again! I've had him less than a month and I feel like he wears my heart around his little neck. I've had my share of dogs before but this little guy..he owns me!

Young Pup

Default Question for Nikki about pup swallowing nerf bullet

My 5 year old frenchie swallowed a nerf bullet. I'm wondering how your boy "got it out." Did he vomit or poop? I'm so worried about my baby! Any info you can tell me would help with the worry and anxiety! She ate the bullet last night. I took her to the vet to induce vomiting, but she didn't bring the bullet up. Did your boy pass it easily?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-16-2020 at 03:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread