Pet Insurance Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pet Insurance

Default Pet Insurance

How many of you have Pet Insurance on your Bostons?? I've never had Pet Insurance but am seriously considering it this time.

What are your experiences with it - is it really worth the cost??

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

i have VPI on Pipi... i believe it is worth it. it covers a lot.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by L.west Click here to enlarge
    How many of you have Pet Insurance on your Bostons?? I've never had Pet Insurance but am seriously considering it this time.

What are your experiences with it - is it really worth the cost??

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

VPI is the company I was looking at. I've read good review and then some that weren't too positive.

Curious to see how many on here actually buy pet insurance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

I have pet insurance on ours! I would strongly suggest it. I feel so much more better having it knowing that if anything were to happen illness or accident I won't have to stress out about the cost!
    Pipi519 likes this.

My suggestion is too really look at all the fine print. Many have waiting periods of a certian number of days and anything that happens durign that time is not covered and then is a pre-existing condition. I think mine had a week wait for accident coverage and almost a month wait for illness coverage to kick in. Anything that happened during those waiting periods was not covered and would never be covered again because it's a pre-existing condition. Read up on their coverage limits, maximums, deductable, etc. Do lots of research on the company and look out for fine print!!!

VPI is a 14 day waiting period for it to kick in. i had to have the dog in hand... meaning i couldn't get it before i pick up the dog. they'll will ask for the dogs birth date.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by L.west Click here to enlarge
    VPI is the company I was looking at. I've read good review and then some that weren't too positive.

Curious to see how many on here actually buy pet insurance.

I have Trupanion for Twiggy and I'm sooo glad to have it! She recently swalled bits of my carpet so she had to have it surgically removed...just a couple days ago too! Before knowing she swallowed the carpet the vet had to do a lot of testing to determine why she was vomitting and acting very lethargic....it was a relief to tell the vet "cost is not an issue" because I honestly don't know how I would be able to afford her hefty bill of almost $2000. I have zero regrets with insurance....but I know some people end up never having to use it, but I just like the feeling of having a cushion.
    Pipi519 likes this.
    Rachel (Twiggy's mom)

Click here to enlarge

How much does the insurance usually run a month?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BostonInFlorida Click here to enlarge
    depends on what company you go with and where you live (breed also depends but I'm assuming you have a boston Click here to enlarge ). I pay $35 a month living in Toronto...but that's in Canadian!
    Rachel (Twiggy's mom)

Click here to enlarge

i beleive VPI is $58 something a month but it is worth it... i had to take Pipi to the vet yesterday because she swallowed a tiny orange that fell off the tree whole, she threw it up but was very listless and vomiting white foam and had mushy poop. i've now gone over my $100 deductable so the insurance will pay for what ever is remaining. really gad to have it... it seems a must now days.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BostonInFlorida Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast