Food Brands that help with GAS??? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Food Brands that help with GAS???

Default Food Brands that help with GAS???

Hello!

We have 7 month old Olive who, since we had her has been gassy. I don't mean to be crude but my husband and I noticed our baby girl has a pretty big pooper, which might be why the gas. Her leavings have been bigger than our older Boston Lilly's leavings for a few months now. Olive is 16 pounds and Lilly is 13 pounds.

But I have been trying different foods, mostly Taste of the Wild, and EarthBorne (I think thats the name). Lamb she is still gassy so I am trying a fish protein now and I think it made it worse. Her farts clear a room, we had friends over the other night and we literally all had to leave the room. They said it smelled like death and garbage. lol

Its pretty bad, I am looking for anyones advice on brands that help with the gas, or maybe do they have doggie gas be gone or something???
    Attached Images Attached Images

We unfortunately are in the same boat but we use natural balance food and oooo boy can frank clear a room with the best of them as far as I know there's no magic cure for the puppy toots but you can try giving her organic wheat grass you can pick it up at any local supermarket but te extra iron and fiber might help make it a little less terrible Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

Fifi is pretty gassy too. It's gotten better though since we switched from Blue Buffalo to Orijen. If there was a magic cute, I'd like to know, too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Baxter is bad as well! The breeder had him eating diamond naturals for small breeds and its horrible. Plus, he doesn't seem to like it much. I'm going to try blue buffalo next.

I think which food helps will depend on the individual dog. My 8 month old pup has been ripe since I got him at 7 weeks old. Breeder sent him home with Diamond puppy small breed. Vet gave a generous container of Science Diet small breed puppy which we tried for a couple months, and over the last two weeks I've transitioned him to Blue Buffalo small pup (chick/oatmeal). No improvement. I have read dog food reviews on Amazon (some really good, honest reviewers there for all kinds of products) which is how I think I started looking at Buffalo in the first place for a possible gas reducer.

Do read this link info- it does mention a medication. http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/dog...ce-passing-gas
    I plan to talk to the vet before I try it. And I read somewhere else that Boston's tend to swallow too much air when they eat as the cause of the breed's notoriety for passing smells. i think the short nose /breathing is blamed as the cause.
    as for me, my fur kid might be trying Orijin after we stick w/ Buffalo for a while longer.

+ Reply to Thread