Yeast Infection?? He STINKS Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yeast Infection?? He STINKS

Young Pup

Default Yeast Infection?? He STINKS

I posted about my smelly boy before but no replies. 20 weeks old on Taste of the Wild food. No itching, redness or hair loss. Stays indoors but pees and poops outside. He has a specific odor... not a normal dog odor. It is almost like acidic corn chips. He will smell great for about 2 hours after his bath. Smells worse after sleeping and he does that alot. His ears smell a little but his entire body just SMELLS!!! I swear it isn't the regular dog smell.

Doing some research... could this be a yeast infection?? If so, howcan i treat this

It might be a UTI? I would recommend calling a vet and making an appointment. They can help you over the phone too. I wouldn't mess around with that because I know with humans if you don't get a UTI taken care of professionally it can go up into the kidneys and cause a kidney infection, and if still not dealt with kidney damage. Hope your little guy feels better soon.

Its yeast, if it smells like corn chips, beer, or wierd bread its yeast. Smell the paws sometimes those are the strongest yeast smell. My Lilly has a unknown allergy and it sometimes causes a yeast infection. Take your Boston to the vet and they will give you antibiotics mosty likely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

My old dalmation used to get yeast infections in his ears.. He seriously smelt like feet. It was the grossest smell.

Young Pup

What types of antibiotics will they give us? I am not very fond of veterinarians and like to know before I go. This afternoon I was in the bathroom and didnt notice that he came in. I smelled him before I saw him. It is a REALLY distinct smell. His breath even smells like it.

Would yogurt help? If so, what kind? Greek? PROBIOTIC? LOL

As far as if this is an allergy caused infection, besides allergy testing, how could I figure out what he is allergic to? He gets Taste of the Wild Puppy formula. And on occasion a puppy size milkbone.

I just really want to do the right thing and would prefer to treat him myself if possible. I have Amoxicillin at home from my children being sick. Can dogs take that?

+ Reply to Thread