Bostons in our future......transitioning from Boxers Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bostons in our future......transitioning from Boxers

Young Pup

Default Bostons in our future......transitioning from Boxers

I have been a boxer owner for most of my life, have decided as I age that it would be best to ‘downsize’ so to speak and think Bostons would be a good fit. We currently have 2 boxers, ages 8 and 9. The 8 year old and I have earned a NW1 and NW2 title with the NASCW in Nosework. We moved from WA to Utah 2 years ago. Not much Nosework around my new area. Closest trainer is nearly 2 hours away. Had some health problems crop up but they are under control. So, what do you folks think about my idea? I am starting to study up on the breed, particularly their health concerns so I know what to look for and be aware of. They appear to have the big dog temperament I am looking for in a smaller package. I’d be interested in folks who have gone the route I am considering taking.Thanks,SusanRichmond, UT

Young Pup

Hi! We have a 9 1/2 year old Boxer and a 3 year old Boston. Our Boston is on the larger size, he is a brown brindle and weighs about 34lbs. We added Moose, the Boston Terrier to our family after our other Boxer passed away. We chose a Boston for the same reasons you mentioned, Boxer mentality in a smaller package. We have not been disappointed for one minute with this decision.

Young Pup

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kinshee2 Click here to enlarge
    Hi! We have a 9 1/2 year old Boxer and a 3 year old Boston. Our Boston is on the larger size, he is a brown brindle and weighs about 34lbs. We added Moose, the Boston Terrier to our family after our other Boxer passed away. We chose a Boston for the same reasons you mentioned, Boxer mentality in a smaller package. We have not been disappointed for one minute with this decision.
    Good to know. How did the introduction between the 2 go? Was the Boston a puppy at the time? Same or opposite sex?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Introductions went very well and they're both boys. We took Satchel (Boxer) to the breeder with us to meet Moose and make sure everything would be ok. Satchel was a little timid at the breeder being in a strange place but as soon as we arrived home they started playing and having a good time. I have so many pictures of the two of them playing and sleeping together but I cannot figure out how to load the pictures on the forum. We have both said we will have Boston's from now on. I will try again with the pictures Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread