New to site Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to site

Default New to site

Just wanted to say hello to fellow Boston Terrier owners and also to those who are thinking in having a boston terrier join your family. I have a 7 yr old named Gordo (fat or chubby in spanish) due to he was the chunkiest born in the litter. My husband and I immediately fell in love with him the minute we saw him. And he has been a blessing to our family, especially with the kids. But 4 yrs ago I nearly lost it when he suffered his 1st seizure. He's had only 3 more after that. His most recent was in November 2019. He is on meds, but it's a scary, touchy situation. There are of course many times where we have to leave him alone in the house and those are the times where my anxieties kick in. He is my little baby and like a mother I worry. But thank god again he has been ok. The other times he suffered his episodes we have been home and acted quickly to control it. But yes, I worry that one day it'll hit him when we are out.

Young Pup

Aw he's a cutie! I understand your anxiety. Our Boston is healthy, thank goodness but our Boxer was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and a third degree av block at 8 years old. He has a pacemaker due to the blockage and takes meds for the CHF. He is 10 years old now. One thing we did that helped a lot with my anxiety was to get a camera that we can access on our phones so we know how he is doing when we are out.

+ Reply to Thread