RichTTTT Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RichTTTT

Young Pup

Default RichTTTT

Hi,My wife and Two sons, 16 and 11 are getting a BT on 22/12/2020.Itís a boy and weíll be 8 weeks old and purchased from a reputable breeder.Iíve been assured that it will have injections up to date of bringing it to our house and will be chipped.Iím happy with the breeder and assurances and expectations.What are your initial tips for us to start with?We have a cage and a suitable place for him to sleep.Any advice regarding food?Do they actually sleep up to 20 hours a day initially?I know he will have so much attention, this canít be a bad factor?When will he be responsive to training?So many questions at the moment.This is the first time we have had a dog!!!I look forward to hearing from you RichTTTT

Young Pup

Default Congratulations

Boston Terriers are a great breed. We have a 3 month old, Amos. Kennel is a great way to start. He may not like it at first, but will get use to it. 8 weeks the are such babies and yes they play and sleep, play and sleep. Housebreaking you can start but they donít have full control. You are the one trained at first. They wake up you immediately take him outside. A little while after they eat, you take them out. You spend some time taking them out and cleaning up an accident at first until they get control. Amos at 3 months will ring a bell to go out. He might have an accident but very few at this point. He will sit as well. Still working on the leash, he wants to bit it. Take it slow and small steps. You will want to see what food the breeder is feeding and typically they will send a you home with food. You can get as expensive as you want with dog food. I typically go with something in the middle. But, I canít keep my husband from feeding them table food. He is a push over, and he wonders why they sit at his feet when he eats. Good luck, you will have so much fun with you new little guy.

+ Reply to Thread