Mourning the loss of our beloved DG (Daddy's Girl) and getting ready for a new pup. Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinshee
  • 1 Post By claudiarb

Thread: Mourning the loss of our beloved DG (Daddy's Girl) and getting ready for a new pup.

Young Pup

Default Mourning the loss of our beloved DG (Daddy's Girl) and getting ready for a new pup.

Hello fellow Boston Lovers! We recently lost our beloved Boston-DG. She was that special dog of my life and I will never forget her. We loved (and love her so much!) my husband is a man that does not cry. But cry he did and even now sometimes over this very special girl.

My husband could not wait and we will be bringing a new puppy home in another month. He cannot handle not having a dog to love.
    No dog can ever take DG's place in our heart. But we need another pup to love. And Bostons are just that: They always look like a pup. When I looked at different breeds or thought about mutts, none pull my heart strings like my beloved Bostons.

We recently went to a dog show and got some Boston love. The owners were awesome sharing their puppy love
    . DG love.jpgDG.jpgOur precious girl DG!

This is our new puppy and we will get her in another 4 weeks: Her current name is Nixie but her personality will determine her forever name. I am a bit concerned about her short legs. Are they normal and healthy? But we already love her just the same: Nixie.jpgJust look at that nose! Nixie2.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your DG. It's so hard when we lose them.
    Your new little girl is adorable!
    LoverofBostons likes this.

So sorry for the loss of your baby, it's so hard to let them go but they will always be in our hearts.

Hopefully the new baby will bring comfort.

She is adorable by the way, her legs look fine to me, it might be the way the picture was taken that they appear shorter. Have you been able to see your new puppy in person?
    LoverofBostons likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

I haven't seen the little girl in person. She's in Oklahoma and we are in CAli.

All-American Dog

When I got Pilot I was paranoid. Over the years, I had been through adopting different breeds from a not so experienced breeder, chosen mutts from rescues, and mutts from shelters. Besides breaking my heart, they broke my budget. I will never jump at a non breed puppy purchase again.

You went to a show. Did the breeder you are considering come well recommended? AKC breed member? A breeder of excellence? A member in good standing of (I forget) the BT Club of America? Were the parents tested for any known genetic disorders of the breed? Did this breeder email you the parent's heritage, and the disorders of the breed testing results? Was the parent's hearing formally tested? Are the pups whelped and raised in the house with a family? Proper owner socialization for the first 9 weeks? Name what she did.
    As part of your mourning process, I strongly suggest you do exhaustive and accurate research.

Regarding this puppy's legs, I cannot see them well enough to have a thought about their length. Ask the breeder. Call the vet she uses.

Be wise, go slowly, be happy for many years to come with a beautiful, balanced, genetically sound dog.

K+ P

Hello , I was just wondering how the new pup is doing and if you have some new pics. Was so sorry to hear about the loss of DG and hope the new pup has taken a bit of the hurt away

+ Reply to Thread