Hello from Iowa Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Young Pup

Default Hello from Iowa

My soon-to-be-coming home puppy will be coming home soon. I've done some reading online and assume that Jerry's coloration is black/white/brindle. Do noses like his continue to pigment in further? Lastly, any good well-rounded food recommendations or stick with what the breeder currently is feeding him?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome! Adorable pup. Dark pigmentation deposition will continue until the nose is fully black (in most cases). There are a lot of threads dedicated to food here, and because no two BT's have the same digestive system, brands that work for one dog may not agree with another. It is a good idea to slowly introduce a new type of food to your pup. Over a few days, you can introduce a meal with 75% old food / 25% new food. Then, increase the new food to 50% for a few days (then 75% and finally 100%). My BT had a very sensitive digestive system over her first year of life, and it took a while to find a high-quality diet that agreed with her. We now use Orijen kibble, which our dog loves and can digest very efficiently. Here is a nice site for reviewing dog food brands, etc.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Congrats, adorable!! I stuck with the breeders food for a few weeks. Mine had sensitive stomach and skin so eats food now for that, she is 16 months now. Enjoy the new addition.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Here's a comparison of my BT, Sora's, nose pigmentation at 8 weeks versus 2.5 years. The pigmentation stopped somewhere between 6 and 12 months, I'd guess.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread