Hi there! Meet Yuna :) Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there! Meet Yuna :)

Young Pup

Default Hi there! Meet Yuna :)

Hows it going. I acquired a female Boston Terrier on Christmas day (my day off so i was able to pick her out, not because of the holiday).

Few thinga to not, I bought her off a seller on Craiglist. Sadly I wish I would done some homework, she claimed to have paperwork but never gave it to me.

She is currently estimated to be about 13 weeks old. She weighs about 9.6lbs

I got her spayed just last week. She had a umbilical hernia that was "removed" when she got spayed.

I have done some training with her and she is about 95% well behaved with the occassional barking and biting (mainly when my dad messes with her). She knows sit, lay, come. Working on better potty training her (she goes inside the house if he leave her loose while we go to work. Or if we neglect to take her out when she give us signs she wants to go out)

I am currently getting her vaccinated and working her up to the 4 month mark, so I can start to take her out places and socialize her properly.

I am giving her half a tablet of the BullyMax supplement pills and the Hip and Joint treats to try and help her gain muscle mass (will start flirt pole and agility training once she is fully vaccinated)

Few questions.

1) when a dog is spayed, how large is the surgical opening usually? My pup only has the wound where the hernia was. My mom was operated decades ago, and says with her it was two small tiny incisions. But youtube videos show large openings.

2) any one know if my BT has appropriate /desirable markings and color? She looks like she is Seal color with very light indications of brindle.

3) does anyone else BT seem uninterested in food? I had her on Blue Buffalo puppy food but switched to Nulo puppy brand for the 82% protein content.

4) does anyone else dog shed if you rub her coat? I have a furminator small brush, which hardly removes hair. But if I rub her coat, my hand and floor with be covered in a ton of hair.

Oh and brownie points to whomever guesses correctly where her name is taken from.

Well, hope to see you peeps around Click here to enlarge

She is just darling. Looks like a Boston coloring to me, looks black and white. The incision looks normal, Molly's was a little smaller. My vet uses glue on the outside so you could hardly see where it was and once healed you can't see it at all now. House training is difficult, and had to be consistent. I recommend a crate when home by themselves, it really helped with training, and one day Molly just got it, went out on her own, we have a dog door. She is still created when we are out, not alone in the house at all. I used Hills sensitive stomach and skin food for a long time and had no issues. The blue buffalo was too rich for Molly.

I just looked again at the last picture, is that a long tail? Boston's are born with short tails, maybe an inch or so. If long tail might have chi mixed in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Yuuup, long "pig/corkscrew" type tail. If I had to guess, maybe 6-8 inches long. That would seriously suck if she was mixed. She is adorable and I wouldnt trade her for anything. But because the seller had two adult BT with her :/ .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Young Pup

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Boson-Terriers-with-a-TAIL

I checked this out after you pointed it out. Supposedly/allegedly, Yuna and her sister were the only two pups of the litter to have lomg corkscrew tails. But because I never saw the rest of the litter, I cant confirm or deny it.

Young Pup

Looking at CL listing by where I live, this person has a litter, and a few in them have really lomg tails. Could it Yuna IS a purebred, just "deformed" in the sense that she doesnt have a standard tail?
    https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...476545576.html

Well-known now I can see the whole tail, out is cork screw, just longer and you can see the bent joints, guess she just got more tail!! Totally cute, adds to her being special. On the shedding, yes they shed all the time. The nice soft baby hair turns into coarser hair. At least it's short and you don't see it, not like a long hair dog. Have fun with her, love to see growing up pictures!!

+ Reply to Thread