Introducing Rufus. Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Rufus.

Default Introducing Rufus.

Well after a long wait after getting Chloe, we decided to get another Boston. His name is Rufus and he is a special/original little monster. We were given a great deal on him from the breeder, and we think its because he is going to be a large boy. He is only 15 weeks old, and his paws are massive, and he must weigh in at around 15 pounds. When we got chloe at his age, she was only 5 pounds, and is now at full size about 25 pounds. Rufus has a long history of purebread lineage, which we have documented, however, he looks like he will be very large. his eyes are also very silly looking, but we fell in love with him and decided to take him home. I hope that you enjoy the pics, and would love any feedback.

Click here to enlarge
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    Chloe and Rufus playing
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    Look at my MASSIVE paws!
    <br>
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

He's very cute!! He has a lot of white around his eyes that's why they look a bit silly. Who cares, he's adorable!! Congrats.

sue

He is cute. Has your vet checked him? The reason I say this is because the one eye appears to be larger and bulging out more. I knew someone whos dog had a tumor and it made the eye buldge out. I am sure this is not the case, but, I would get him checked over anyway.
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Look at the paws on him...very cute!

Is it normal for a boston to have such big paws? We have not taken him to the vet yet. He has an appt thursday and we are going to get him checked out. Somethings concern us aswell, such as little bumps around his eye and on his face. I saw something on puppy acne and it look kinda like that, but it is usually around the lips and under the chin. His ears are really chapped around the outer ear, and the top of his nose. Does anyone know what these could be?
    Click here to enlarge

sue

Another thing...did you know the breeder? Was he/she reputable? i know some breeders try to pass off mixed breeds as boston terriers if they look enough like a Boston. It seems like the breeder didnt care too much about the pup. At least you are giving him a good home.
    Click here to enlarge

We got Chloe from this breeder and a friend of mine got 2 Bostons from him as well. We called hm to see if he had any bulldogs and he mentioned having Rufus. I did trust him, but now i feel alittle worried about our new Boston. He did offer us a discount because he was 16 weeks and noone wanted him. That seemed alittle scetchy to me, So we went to take a look. He does look alittle doofy compared to chloe. The breeder said he had all of his shots up to date, which we got a copy of, considering he had all his shots by a vet I would think they took a look at him. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the vet says
    Click here to enlarge

Round Head

Hi, he's a handsom boy. Snubbs is around 13 lbs and Bogie around 18. Bogie was Born on June 21st 2009 and Snubbs on Nov 3rd 2009. So Bogie is just over 9 months old and Mr. Snubs is comming up on 5 months. They both have big feet. I do not expect Bogie to grow much more. He gets tons of exercise and running in everyday so he should be a "lean mean fighting machine". Snubbs looks like he's overweight a bit but gets good exercise too. I'm thinking they will be close in size.

Hello. Wow you do have a big boy there. We would LOVE for Rufus to be that big. Chloe is very small and we wanted to bigger dog anyway, but couldnt resist another boston. Your dogs are ADORABLE !
    Click here to enlarge

He looks like he's going to be a big boy. I hope his health issues turn out to be notihng. He's very adorable!

Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast