Hello from Michigan! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Michigan!

Young Pup

Default Hello from Michigan!

Hello everyone! I'm Erica and I'm 22 years old and currently in the process of welcoming a Boston Terrier to our family. I've been looking at Boston Terriers for a while (on PetFinder and other rescue sites), and a few days ago, came across beautiful little boy that I fell in love with. I asked my landlord for approval to bring a dog into our family and received her approval a few days ago. And yesterday, I submitted my application to the Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue for this awesome little guy:
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15680789

I have grown up with dogs my whole life. I've never had a Boston Terrier before, but a few years ago, I met a Boston Terrier named Lucy and she was awesome. After meeting her, I knew that one day I would adopt a Boston, and someday maybe 4 or 5! Who knows! haha I was living with my parents at the time though, but now I'm grown up with a husband and child of my own, and REALLY missing having a dog around. That's how my search for a Boston Terrier came around.

Now I'm trying to be patient in awaiting a response from the MBTR! But I'm just so excited and nervous all at the same time. I fell SO HARD for Luke when I see him. I have not been able to get him off my mind since the moment I first laid eyes on him. He's absolutely adorable, and upon reading his description, he was everything we wanted in a dog and so much more. I have high hopes that we can bring him into our family, but if we are not able to, my search will continue and I will bring one into our family. Click here to enlarge

I've done research on the breed and definitely feel that a Boston Terrier will be the perfect fit to our family. My husband, Bernard, is also 22 years old and we have an awesome son, Nathan, who is 15 months old. I grew up with dogs and it was a wonderful experience, and I want my son to experience that as well.

Anyway, I talk a lot so I hope you all can forgive me for that one. Click here to enlarge I joined the forum so that way by the time our dog arrives, we are fully prepared and I can share my joy and excitement with all you other Boston Terrier lovers, as well.

If any of you have experience with the MBTR, please let me know what I can do to make the process go as smoothly as possible. I really love Luke and I am more than willing to work with them to the best of my abilities to make this adoption take place and bring this awesome guy into our home. Click here to enlarge

And I look forward to meeting you and your beautiful Boston's! Click here to enlarge

Round Head

Hi Erica, welcome to the Boston forum. Glad to have you aboard. He looks like a nice dog. I hope you are able to adopt him. Bostons are such wonderful dogs. Of course my all time favorites.

Welcome! I hope things turn out and you're able to get that little guy. I too am from MI. Shelby Twp. Where are you from?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Thanks guys! I hope we get him too. I love him!

And I grew up in Shelby Twp! I'm in Fraser now. Click here to enlarge

LOL. I grew up in Fraser. Thats too funny.

Young Pup

That is funny. lol My whole family grew up in Fraser, pretty much. All my Aunt's and Uncle's graduated from FHS. So even though I grew up in Shelby Twp, Fraser has pretty much always been my home town. :-p

Yep that where I graduated from. I grew up pratically across the street from FHS.

Young Pup

hahaha On Klein?
    I lived in those duplexes for a while.
    My Grandma lives in that neighborhood and that's where my mom and all her sibs grew up, in that neighborhood.

Now my mom is in the neighborhood by the Library and we're in the condos across from Meijer.

Small world!

I was on the other side, across Garfield. Small world is right.

Well. keep me up to date about how your adaption goes. Dooley is always up for meeting and playing with a new friend.

I understand there is a dog park in Clinton Twp. somewhere. Have you ever been there? If so is it any good?

Young Pup

Yeah, I'll keep you updated for sure. I'm trying my best to be patient in waiting to hear back but I'm so excited. haha

The only dog park I know about is in Mt. Clemens, well, I guess it could be Clinton Twp., since the city borders get weird over there. But it's on Groesbeck, it shares a parking lot with the Mt. Clemens Community Center. It's just a few buildings away from the hockey rink over there.

I've never taken any dogs to the park, but I've been to the Community Center a few times, and it's pretty popular, but I don't think I've ever seen a small dog there. I seen people bring a lot of Great Danes, Labs, Huskies, Pit Bulls, etc. But there was always a lot of dogs and their people there so I suppose that means it's good, right? Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast