Hello from Nothern Ohio Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Nothern Ohio

Default Hello from Nothern Ohio

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself and the kids. I'm Doug and my wife is Vanessa. We have 3 dogs One large stature Boston named Daisy, a small Boston named Mack II and a very large Collie named Duke- 90lbs no fat. All rescues.
    We love the Bostons for their personalities and playfulness. This is our second Mack the first one came from an Amish puppy mill where he way kicked and beaten until finally they kicked him and broke his right jaw in 11 places. Seeing his stud dieing he shave him and administered IV's his self until Mack healed and could eat again. He also poked him with a large needle because he had a blocked saliva gland. He surendered him to a rescue because his tongue hung out permanently after the jaw was broken. He came to us at only 14 lbs. I think it was the saddest thing I've ever experienced animal wise. Dispite all of this he was the sweetest little dog I've ever had. We only got to love him 3 years he developed a brain tumor- probably from the abuse and went into seizures one night. His heart started to shut down so we had to put him down. Broke my heart, he was my pal. I don't know what made me do it but the night we put him down I got on pet finder and the 4th one down was a Boston- yes you guessed Mack. Needless to say we got him that weekend. His wasn't good shape either worms, teeth and gum's in bad shape and super afraid when you called him. He came from a breeder. Needless to say I have a great amount of disdain or puppy mills and breeders at this point.
    Again despite all of that he is a real sweet heart and an energy pill. Phew. We named him busy.
    Enough I just wanted to say Hi introduce ourselves and get some other HELP. How to stop male stud dogs from marking?? Help. Second one now.

Welcome! Your story made me tear up, and I want to thank you for rescuing and loving all those puppies. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guys.

Round Head

Welcome. Such a sad story but you and your wife have such kind hearts. Amish puppy mill? That surprises me. I thought they were a kind peoples. I guess there are abusers in every walk of life. Well thanks for being there for these poor babies. Is he fixed?, the one with the marking problem? If not he needs to be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

A lot of Amish are nice but the majority are not. Animals are fam equipment to them. I only told 40% of the story of Mack I .In my whole life I have never had a more loving little dog. He spent most of his time with me and for the last 3 months of his life he was in my music work shop- I build stringed instruments for a living now on a low table with water and bed I got him to relax on while I was building. I still cry every time I think about that little guy. What a great pal he was. He got the most fitting funeral he could have for a pal like him. I built him a walnut casket with red velvet lining and a relief carving of his little face. We have an old time music jamf or him which he loved always getting in the middle and looking at us all while we play our instruments. I sware he wanted to dance. I don't think I'll ever get over him but Mack II is sure working his spot into my heart. Doug

Round Head

I lost my "Boy a few years ago". He was my buddy. Like your Boston he was with me most of the time. When he died at 13 1/2 years old I too was heart broke. I thought I'd never get another but Lately have acquired two boys. I love them so much and they bring a little bit of Boy back to be. Bostons are such cool little dogs. I'll never be without one or two or three again.

If it were up to me we would have all Bostons but my wife is a big dog lover. Her collie lab mix was with her or almost 18 years. He came to her while she was a US forest ranger in Oregon paroling 35 thousand acres. He was 3 months old abandoned in the forest and full of worms and mange. When we met he was 9 but full of energy and just a great friend. The last year we had him we thought he would live for ever but little did we know he was on his last ralley. She took him for a walk after camping season one night when he go home his back end collapsed and we had to put him down. She was so sad it broke my heart so I started talking about getting a new big pal. Well I found Duke, a 90 lb pure bread collie on pet finder. I showed him to her and that weekend we brought him home- 2 weeks after Dakota. Poor guy had been tied on a 6 foot lead for a year and starved down to 65 lbs. His fur was thin and gone in a lot of areas. It has taken a year to rehabilitate him but he is sure a champion and the first big dog I have ever loved so much. What a lover he is but a force to be reckoned with too. Very powerful.
    As long as we are at this we may as well talk about Daisy our big breed Boston and the Alpha Queen of the house. She was our neighbors dog. She was very badly miss treated by the drug head guy at the house. I witnessed him abuse her terable until one day after a beating an kicking with a Frisbee I told him never again or you will be dealing with me. He kicked her again and got on his tractor to which I stuck a 2x4 through tree limbs and took him off the tractor. He was so high and drunk he didn't know what happened to him. That week he beat his wife and kids and was take off. The wife gave us Daisy shortly afterwords to keep her from him. It took 3 years to make her into the sweet little lover she is but what a little princess she is today. She was a tough littl girl and very mean to anyone but us. Not any more she loves everyone. Cool.
    So if it were up to me I would have hundreds o dog but we live in a very modest house so we can travel to the festivals and vacation in our motor home.

Love those pets they are truly the best people.

Doug

sue

Great stories........
    Click here to enlarge

Doug (oooh - got it right this time) what wonderful stories. It does my heart good to meet another dog lover, who is so kind and caring towards our furry friends. I took would have more dogs that I would know what to do with, if I was allowed. But with our small house and yard, four is our maximum for the time being. We hope to be better off, financially in a few years, and plan to add a few more to our pack. Right now we have two Boston Terriers (girls) and two French Bulldogs (boys). Both are great breeds and I don't think we could ever be without either. Where at in Ohio are you? We're in North Eastern Ohio. Would love to see pics of Mack II, Daisy and Duke if have any.. Click here to enlarge
    Trish & the gang
    Louie, Kirby, Ellie, & Peanut

Trish,

I will post soon I have to be on the computer in the office where all the pictures are. We also have a small house but almost a acre of fences yard. With me being out of work for over a year and now trying to start a business we just can't afford the proper care or 4 friends. Mow my DW is loosing her job and she was our insurance.

We are 20 miles west of Cleveland in North Ridgeville.

Welcome to the forums!

+ Reply to Thread