Newby From Kelowna BC Canada - Page 2 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newby From Kelowna BC Canada

Young Pup

Default Can't Breath

Hi, I have a boston terrier that I bought in Kelowna and she was having a very difficult time breathing when she slept also. She looked like she was fighting for air when she was sleeping. My vet said that its very hard on her heart to have fight for air like that and that it should be fixed asap. She had lazer surgery at 4 months old and she has been perfect ever since. GET THE LAZER SURGERY!!!!!! IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jersey Click here to enlarge
    Hi, I have a boston terrier that I bought in Kelowna and she was having a very difficult time breathing when she slept also. She looked like she was fighting for air when she was sleeping. My vet said that its very hard on her heart to have fight for air like that and that it should be fixed asap. She had lazer surgery at 4 months old and she has been perfect ever since. GET THE LAZER SURGERY!!!!!! IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!!!
    Thanks Jersey.
    Good to hear that the surgery does the trick if it is required. We are definitely going to look into this when he's in for his shots in about a week. We're just over a week in with Sawyer now and he actually seesm to be doing much better but we are still going to get the vet to check him out.

All-American Dog BostonBellaButton's Avatar

Awww Cosmo or Kosmo would be so cute cause it's like Kramer. I love Seinfeld haha that would've been cute especially if he's a nut case. Haha. Welcome to the forum and keep the cute pictures and info. comin'!
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Hello fellow Cannuck...
    We too just brought home a male pup- he's 7weeks and although he is tiny he has most definitely ruled the routine around here for the last 2 days!

I'm already worried about winter and summer is yet to arrive! He is going to be one puppy popsicle if we get a quick and cold winter like they have predicted!

Enjoy puppyhood!

Lisa

my bt is 12 weeks old and it appears she too has to fight for air sometimes. the vet said were not going to worrie right now but come spaying time if it hasn't improved he will have to inlarge the nostrials a bit, by shaving a small amount of the nostrials away. he said its quite common in the breed and it heels up very nice. not invasive at all! my dogs nostrials are almost closed off though.
    i wouldnt trade my boston terrier for a million dollars! that being said i wouldnt pay 5 cents for another one either!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FF 070 Click here to enlarge
    Hi Everyone.
    New to this forum and to the Boston Terrier breed. We just got an 8 week old male yesterday and came across this forum while trying to get educated about BTs. I have numerous friends who have BTs and they seem to be an awesome breed. I've had Boxers and other small Terriers over the years and from what I've seen and heard from friends the BTs are the best.
    I already have a concern however. He seems to have very narrow nostrils. He seems healthy and happy when he's up and about but when he's asleep he looks as though he's pulling hard to get air in. He snorts quite a bit when eating and playing. Is this normal for this breed or should I be concerned?
    Thanks in advance.[IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]
    He is a beautiful pup.. Many BT's snort more than others and does not seem to much of a problem but your vet will let you know when he has his check ups if there are any worries..

We are soon due to move to Vancouver (maybe in September) I cannot wait Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello and welcome!

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome to the forums! Good to see another Canuck here.
    Especially one so close to me ... I am a little further up the OK valley in Vernon.
    Congratulations!
    Today is your day.
    You’re off to Great Places!
    You’re off and away!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own.
    And you know what you know.
    And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
    Oh! The Places You’ll Go!
    - Dr. Seuss

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

And here is an earlier thread on pinched nostrils;

https://bostonterrierforums.com/forum...-nostrils.html
    Congratulations!
    Today is your day.
    You’re off to Great Places!
    You’re off and away!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own.
    And you know what you know.
    And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
    Oh! The Places You’ll Go!
    - Dr. Seuss

Welcome, he is very cute. I agree, Cosmo does sound like a magazine, and I'm a Sinefeld fan. Also, Canadian, Whitby, Ontario.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast