New person Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New person

Young Pup

Default New person

Hey all, I have a 10month old Boston (Mack). This is our first Boston terrier ever. We love him the expressions he makes and noises he makes are great. He also has a great personality.

BUT the question I have is he has a harness now and the problem is it rubs on him and he gets cuts from it rubbing him. SO we are switching to a diff one. The one we got came from petco. What do you guys and girls suggest we do? He also scratches a lot (going to the vet on Thursday of next week)

Now enough talk how about some pictures of my baby
    All of them can be found here http://picasaweb.google.com/PIEMAN16...rU3NmSmcqH8gE#

But here he is
    Click here to enlarge

That's Petco's version of the 'puppia'. Its not good at all.
    I would suggest getting a puppia, they work great.

Round Head

Very handsome, welcome to the Forum. Where were the beach pictures taken?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Welcome!! Very cute pup!

Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

Default Beach pics

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by russ2yall Click here to enlarge
    Very handsome, welcome to the Forum. Where were the beach pictures taken?
    Bodega Bay CA :D

And thanks everyone for your help I am looking at a puppia right now I like them.

We had the same problem with the Puppias rubbing the hair off the dogs and causing irritation and chafing. The only harness that has worked well for my dogs is called the buddy belt. It's a soft leather harness, it's expensive but will last a long time. One of mine is two years old and still looks brand new. The scratching is probably allergies - food or environmental.. What are you feeding him? I'm guessing a commercial food like Purina, Iams, Eukanuba, etc. and it probably has some common food allergens in it like corn, wheat, and soybeans. I'd suggest getting him on a quality grain-free food or one with some higher quality easily digestible grains like oats and rice. One of the least expensive grain-free higher quality foods to feed is a food called Taste of the Wild, they have it at Pet Supplies Plus and Tractor Supply, and a lot of other stores as well. I'm located in the north east, so I'm not sure what stores they have on the west coast.
    Trish & the gang
    Louie, Kirby, Ellie, & Peanut

+ Reply to Thread