Lurks no more Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lurks no more

Default Lurks no more

Hi~

Iíve been lurking here for some weeks and I figured it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Robin and about 7 weeks ago I purchased my first Boston Terrier(s) and Iím in love.What a wonderful breed! I was familiar with BTs,but I had never considered owning one until recently. You see,I had lost 2 dogs in 7 months(due to old age) and my family was devastated....especially my children.So my husband and I decided it was time to fill the void.We all sat down and tried to figure out what kind of puppy we ALL could agree on and as it turns out the Boston was the dog we all liked.So I went on the great BT search.

We found a breeder online....which I have to say I wasnít all that comfortable with until......I saw THE puppy.I never thought a picture could speak to me,but this one did and I contacted them right away and immediately put a down payment on my new buddy.Also,on their site they had an older BT that they were trying to get rid of,so I inquired about him and they told me they were selling him because he was too big to breed on their females.....which kinda made me angry...he was of no more use to him so they wanted to get rid of him....ugh!

When the day came to pick up the puppy(Oxford aka Ox),I asked to see Little Joe(the big boy).Well,he was beautiful(to me anyway),he was a big one,he has that bully look that we all fell in love with the minute we clapped eyes on him.The only concern I had was the uber submissive behavior and the cringing whenever my husband would go near him.My husband looked at me and told me we were going to get him because he didnít want to leave him here(thinking he was abused)....I of course agreed.Turns out Joe is 4 yrs. old and heís the grandpa to Ox.He also has never been in the house,the car and never been on a leash,but that didnít stop us....we bought him anyway and Iím glad we did....he is the best! Joe is afraid of everything but heís coming around.

Iím going to shut up now.......got a bit carried away....not usually this long winded.

Hello and Welcome. Lots of friendly people and their great bostons on here.

sue

Welcome and great for Joe!!!
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Howdy, it sounds like Joe found a good home =).

+ Reply to Thread