Hello Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Young Pup

Default Hello

I have a 2 1/2 year old female that I am about to breed for the first time. Her name is Daisy and I'm so excited to get started on my life's dream to breed Boston Terriers. Can anyone give advice for a newbie breeder?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you want more Bostie fun in your life you could volunteer or foster a dog for Wonder Dogs Rescue in San Fransisco instead.

http://www.wonderdogrescue.org/about-wonder-dog-rescue

Your dog is very cute and I know you're excited about breeding her, but why are you breeding an off colored non-standard Boston Terrier? Are you showing her in UKC shows and trying to get the red Bostons recognized? If not then I don't really understand why you'd want to breed her. Like I said before, she is very cute, but is not an excellent example of the breed. If you decide to breed her anyway, you should at least get her health clearances done.. get her eyes, spine, hips, elbows, and heart all checked to make sure she isn't able to pass on any genetic defects to her puppies. Many Bostons require c-sections, and aren't able to deliver their puppies naturally.. cesareans are usually $1000, and sometimes only one puppy is produced from a breeding. When everything is done correctly, there isn't much money to be made on puppies, you are lucky to break even, if the parents have both been health tested, and the puppies are up to date on shots, worming, microchipped, and go to their new homes with a puppy packet, heart worm and flea and tick preventative, and AKC papers. I would only sell the puppies with limited AKC registration, and a mandatory spay/neuter contract.
    Trish & the gang
    Louie, Kirby, Ellie, & Peanut

+ Reply to Thread