Greetings from AndyP & Norma Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from AndyP & Norma

Default Greetings from AndyP & Norma

Hello everyone!

I am new to forum, Bostons and puppies (my family got a pup when I was 15, so I'm not completely new but that was a good 10 years ago). My little 12 week old Norma comes home next weekend and I am so excited to finally have her. I've been reading a lot of puppy training books and this forum for weeks trying to prepare myself for the joys of puppy parenting.

I've just completed a huge shopping spree for her including: crate, bed, food, dishes, toys, collar, leash, treats and poop bags. Is there anything that I am forgetting that I don't want to be without once she arrives? According to the breeder she's already not pooping or peeing in her crate or ex-pen - just a little trouble controlling herself when she's playing or excited and depends on people to let her out as she doesn't know how to ask to go out yet.

A final question:
    We are planning to go camping about 5 days after we get her - do you think this will be too stressful for her? The breeder says she is loving being outside and exploring so I think she should be okay.

Thanks for having us,
    Andy & Norma
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats to you. Norma is sooooooo cute. Regarding the items for her - have a light weight blanket for her crate. BTs like to sleep under the cover. If you put the blanket in there, she'll crawl under it.

I don't think the camping trip is such a good idea for a baby. Being in the woods is all together different than exploring the back yard for an hour. Is she even finished with her puppy shots? Camping will expose her to lots of things, including mosquitos and other parasites.

+ Reply to Thread