Our puppy is eating his poop! I know TMI Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our puppy is eating his poop! I know TMI

Default Our puppy is eating his poop! I know TMI

Got this little guy a few weeks ago. And the breeder straight up said one of puppies was eating poop she just didn't know which one. This is our 3rd Boston. Our oldest passed in the spring. I've never had a puppy do this.
    He's been to our vet. Was put on stool hardener and antibiotics for a bleeding issue. (All tests ran negative everything) he's been done with the meds since Friday and we're back to running stools. He's on Hills puppy as recommended by our vet, and has had plenty of time to get use to it!

He also eats like he's never ate before!! 🏼 I'm feeding him twice a day. I can't leave food down, he would eat until he explodes!

Young Pup

Mine is 3 years old and still does this sometimes. I just have to keep a close eye on him.

Young Pup

I am familiar with this situation. My dog also ate its own feces until I found a way to stop it. In fact, there are many reasons for a dog to eat its feces. You can immediately rule out the option that your dog is hungry and lacks nutrients because you take care of it. A dog, to attract attention to itself, can eat its own feces, as if saying: "Master, look at what I'm going to so that you can play with me!" Boredom may also be the reason. A dog can just get bored if it is locked in an apartment, even for a short time. You should track exactly when this happens and try to exclude the cause. In general, on the website https://cleverpuppies.com, there is much information about this. Maybe this will help you.
    Last edited by TREnteery; 02-01-2022 at 05:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread