New puppy advice and things to look out for Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New puppy advice and things to look out for

Young Pup

Default New puppy advice and things to look out for

Hi all,

I've been having a look through the forum and found most posts really helpful and informative - thank you!

My partner and I are picking up our new puppy (male, 8 week old, Boston Terrier) next Thursday; very excited!!!! Click here to enlarge

We have purchased a playpen, bed, some food, puppy pads with tray alongside toys and other essential bits and bobs. We have also looked at insurance and have registered with a vet.

- Is there anything you would recommend we get a head of time to help us?

- Are there any traits or habits the Boston Terrier breed has that I should expect?

I've read lots of books and searched through countless forums and websites to prepare but I suppose it'd be good to get some information and advice from experienced owners that have done it already!

Any and all advice is welcomed!

Thank you in advance, Sam.

Young Pup

the playpen did not last long for us, once Sammy was about 9 weeks he started trying to crawl out, gates and a safe place for your puppy are important, and start thinking about chew toys right away....once they start teething..... Best of Luck

We had to use a four foot xpen. The 2 and 3 ft ones are too short. Most all BTs will climb out fairly easily. Mine did the night we brought her home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

Default Playpen

Thanks for the advice - greatly appreciated!

We've purchased the following playpen - http://www.amazon.co.uk/BUNNY-BUSINE...+Gunmetal+Grey

What do you think?

Thanks in advance, Sam

Young Pup

Default Labrador Puppies can Climb Stairs

Many a time dogs needs special training to learn running climbs etc Specially in case of there is a serious question "Labrador puppies can climb stairs?" It’s a known fact that as puppies age, their legs are strong enough to climb stairs (slowly and steadily). The one-line answer is around 5 months. For more details you may read here https://inspiredogs.com/when-can-lab...-climb-stairs/

+ Reply to Thread