TO Shampoo Carpets now or to wait...... during potty training, or after ? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TO Shampoo Carpets now or to wait...... during potty training, or after ?

Default TO Shampoo Carpets now or to wait...... during potty training, or after ?

Trying to make a decision, Olive is 13 weeks this Sunday and we are still learning the whole potty business. Would it help if I Shampoo the carpets this weekend, She has a fav spot to go potty on.

Or should I save my money and time and wait till she is better?

I cant decide.......

What do you think???

Young Pup

Althoug we have tile in the floors, in the living room we have a carpet that has become a favorite spot for Eva to pee when we are not watching her close enough. As you I was wondering if it was a good idea to shampoo it or just wait till she's complete housebroken so I wont waste my money. hopefully someone would answer :S

Have you used the special urine neutralizer spray for carpets? These sprays are a lifesaver during house training. If you clean with just a regular cleaner it often doesn't get out the smell of the urine which will then cause the puppy to keep going in that spot because the smell is there. Nature's Miracle is an AMAZING spray that eliminates the odour to prevent the dog/puppy from continuing to go pee in that spot. If you haven't tried that I'd do that first before cleaning the carpets. I would probably wait longer before cleaning the carpets because I guarantee there are a lot more accidents to come. At least with my pup who is 6 months he still has accidents. He goes through periods of no accidents for weeks and then will go backwards and start having accidents again. I've heard that Boston Terriers can take longer to completely house train.

If there are a ton of spots on your carpet that your puppy has gone then maybe carpet cleaning is a good idea but if it is just a few areas I'd first try nature's miracle! Click here to enlarge I don't know what I would have done without it!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

it's really nice and informative i want to say that we have a company which provide excellent services of cleaning if anyone interested here than contact here back because carpets is essential need of every house..they also need it's cleaning some houses clean carpets at home manually and some need proper cleaning by a good cleaner!!!

+ Reply to Thread