How does your Boston like the snow? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LilFerret

Thread: How does your Boston like the snow?

Young Pup

Default How does your Boston like the snow?

We just got our first heavy snowfall, and Aria hates it! Do your Bostons like snow, or how do you deal with potty issues in winter?

We got Charlie in March, and we won't likely have snow until nearly Spring (the curse of the high desert. I don't mind a small snowfall, but I would prefer to have it dead Winter, not so late), so I'm not sure how a Boston handles that normally. My family's Bostons all lived in areas without snowfall. My other dogs, however, don't care for any wet stuff, including rainfall. I think, though, that if you get enough snow Aria should grow to accept it, if not like it.
    Jenni Click here to enlarge

All-American Dog

Buster hated the cold and snow last winter but we made sure to have warm coats and boots for snow. We tried the rubber ones and the snow got into them so I invested in good pair of boots. The best I found were Ruffwear Summit Trex. At first we had a hard time keeping them on but I found if I used socks (baby socks) under it did the trick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

I want pictures of that. LOL
    LIDuck likes this.
    Jenni Click here to enlarge

Hops hates it! We live in WI so we get a lot of snow, I've been trying to get some booties for him, will try those Ruffwear ones Click here to enlarge

Young Pup

Well so far it's only getting worse! She hates going outside in the snow and I have to actually carry her outside or else she'll take one whiff of the snow and scurry back into bed and hide under the covers; I have to wait with her outside (encouraging the whole time), and then give her a turkey treat when she's done!!! She HATES the little boots. Argh, this isn't easy!

Young Pup

Hates it! But when we are at the dog park with all his friends he forgets he hates it

My girl doesn't seem to mind it too much... I have to make her stop playing when we're at the park. I'll attach some pics from last winter (before Lucy was even full grown), with a baseball that she found in the snow when she was playing Click here to enlarge Gotta love free toys lol !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

our one love snow! i going to take some pictures for the community but a.t.m. where is no snow out ours
    yours, eddie

Buddy loves the snow but hates the cold! He won't tolerate booties but we do put a warm jacket on him. And his favorite activity after playing in the snow is sleeping in front of the fire place!
    Our first BT: Buddy (2013-08-13)

+ Reply to Thread